PDA

View Full Version : which cam??

voges
05-21-2002, 09:58 AM
im getting a 416 kit for my 400
what brand of 416 kit should i get
and what cam and what brand should i get.
i have a k&N filter and fmf pipe
some good sites to order from would also be helpfull.
please help me out
and what about different valves
do i really need them

VegasEx'r
05-21-2002, 04:07 PM
I think that most kits come with the same brand of piston (usually JE). If you are doing the work yourself, I'd say get it from Marcum's. If you want a shop to do it, I have heard good things about Heterick's, and their prices are pretty good. Sparks & TC are good, too. As far as the cam goes, what kind of riding do you do? Do you want to focus on a particular part of the powerband, or do you want an all around performance increase? If you want all around performance, look at the xr or WB all-around cam. If you want more bottom to mid power, call TC & ask about the xc cam (that's just one, there are others). If you want more mid to top power, check out the HRC copy from xr's only, or the Web 450/451 grind. That's just a few of the cams. There are others, and they are all good, so long as they give you power where you want it.

Dave400ex
05-21-2002, 05:07 PM
TC, Sparks, and Hetrick`s is who I would go for. Like VegasEx`r said where do you want more Power at in the Powerband? TC has 2 Drop-In Cams and Sparks also has 2 Drop-In Cams. Hetrick`s uses Web Cams. I would get a JE Piston though no matter who you go with. They seem to be better. Check out www.sparksracing.com and www.hetrickracing.com For TC call 814-723-3514.

ChadEXer
05-21-2002, 05:37 PM
i agree with everything Vegas and Warriorman said:)

voges
05-21-2002, 07:37 PM
thanks guys
by the way im getting into mx
and i like to trail ride alot

Dave400ex
05-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Well if you are getting into MX you might want to look at the TC MX Cam. If I were you I would give TC a Call.