PDA

View Full Version : Help 400ex Won't Start!!!!

09-14-2001, 09:39 PM
OK HERES THE DEAL I PUT MY CAM AND PISTON IN AND I CAN'T GET THE DAMN THING TO START. TURNS OVER FINE JUST ACTS LIKE IT IS NOT FIRING. PULLED THE PLUG AND I AM GETTING SPARK JUST LOOKS KINDA WEEK TO ME. GETTING GAS, VALVES ARE ADJUSTED AND ALL JUST WON'T FIRE. ANY IDEAS??????

rhandw69
09-14-2001, 10:38 PM
Did you change the Rev Limiter? If so that may be the problem.
If not, how about your jetting.
You may not be getting enought fuel to start it. Perhaps your pilot jet may need to be increased.
Are you running a hot or cold plug?
Hmmmmmm??
If push comes to shove I guess you could try to have someone pull you and start it that way, if you are 100% sure everything is installed correctly.
Rhan

Leo
09-15-2001, 04:39 AM
a good place to start would be a compression test.. quick + easy way to tell if everything is installed correctly..

if it ran before you started odds are something isn't back together right..

before pulling all your hair out, step back, then re-check all the basics.

Leo

RideRed04
09-15-2001, 09:57 AM
Whenever you have a problem, Check the painfully obveous(sp?) first. Mine would not start one time, turning over and everything. I was getting soooo pissed off! I put it away in frustration, and when I went back later, noticed the kill switch got bumped off. I would check that. Do you have gas in your tank? Is the peticock turned to the "on" position? Did you reconnect your gas lines? Are you sure that the cam is installed right?

max400EX
09-15-2001, 03:17 PM
I echo RideRed04, I have had it a few times where i freaked out for a minute or two because i had no gas in the tank and/or the kill switch slid over

RideRed04
09-15-2001, 03:34 PM
I would rate that as one of the most frusterating things about going for a ride! Everyone is waiting for you to get started, and you have something dumb like that happen!

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 12:26 AM
i did tht just the other night-
i came home from going out and decided to take a
ride to the MS. RIVER to hit the sand
rode had fun busted a few jumps- (got a flat)
and headed home- outa' gas- in stead of turning
it to reserve i turned it to off back to on and back to off
several times- it's about 3:00 in the am and decide to push it off in the bushes and walk home. wake up the next day go get gas and drive down
- there it is plain site- gas is on off- what an idiot
hit the buttom fired right up=