PDA

View Full Version : carb help!!!!!

bonified5
05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I installed my dynojet jet kit and my 05 ex wont start. I took the carb all apart and made sure everything was right. I called my local honda dealer and he said to make sure the springs werent twisted or anything. They were all fine. I noticed the slide wasnt going down after I let go of the throttle. I fixed this but still nothin. When I push the starter bitton and give it gas, it becomes a bit stiff, but when i dont hold the button, the throttle is fine. I have a 142 main jet and im on the 3rd groove. Stock exhaust, k&n filter. Should I adjust the mixture screw more...its already 3.5 turns out or so. Thanks

FoxMxRiders
05-19-2005, 08:11 AM
I have a dynojet kit too but mine start fine after I installed it.What is your elevation?because I have installed a Dj142 main jet too and Im stock (stock air filter,stock exhaust) and you have a k&n that increase the air flow then you will be lean on WOT.

But for your problem of starting,I don't know why your atv won't start.Check if you have gaz in your float and on your sparkplug

2004exrider
05-19-2005, 01:25 PM
im not bein smart, go thru all the easy stuff check that your gas is on and that you dont have the kill switch on, easy mistakes always looked over. try changing plug also.

bonified5
05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I am located around Philadelphia, pa so thats under 3000 ft.....I guess. Thanks for your help.

bonified5
05-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, so tonight I put it all back together again and it wouldent start. I took it outside and popstarted it and it turned over. Major relief. I turned the mixture screw 4 turns out but it was a bit sluggish off the line.....too much gas right? Tomorrow I will put it back to 3.5 turns. Should I take the airbox cover off or drill holes? Thanks for all ure help