PDA

View Full Version : sparks 400ex x-4

cals400ex
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
i have a ceramic sparks x-4 for a 400ex. overall, the pipe is in good shape. i can get pics upon request. give me an email address if your interested. cal

zlam27
05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
zlam27@hotmail.com

cals400ex
05-18-2005, 11:50 PM
unfortunately i think it is already sold. it didn't last long.

chadmel
05-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Cals, I was wondering what you thought of the pipe? Likes or dislikes? Thanks for the feedback.

cals400ex
05-19-2005, 02:55 PM
this pipe makes very good power. i have run a full hmf, the x-4, and the x-6. well i have ran slip ons and grinded stock headers too. the full systems are far superior than any slip on combo that i have tried. well, that is on our motors which are 406-426's. the x-4 seems to be really similar to the full hmf. both make great power throughout the whole rpm range. the ceramic coating that sparks uses is junk. the stainless steel ones are fine. when my buddy got this pipe sparks didn't make the x-4 in stainless. i would make sure you find a stainless pipe for ease of maintenace. the ceramics are fine but you just need to stay on them so they look good. the stainless are just less maintenance. the x-6 seems to rev well farther than the x-4 or the full hmf. however, the x-6 doesn't make as much power lower in the rpm range. all 3 of these pipes will rev well past the stock rev limiter with an aftermarket cam. it feels as if my 426 almost doesn't make quite enough power to handle the x-6. when dragging, i am really quick in the lower gears with the x-6, but i need to be at HIGH rpms. in the upper gears the x-4 and the full HMF pull just as good because the bikes have less power in the upper gears. i am just not able to pull 10,000 rpms easily in the upper gears, which is where the x-6 wants to be (on my bike anyways). i wouldn't hesitate getting any of these 3 pipes to be honest with you. i personally like the build quality of the full HMF the best and i would probably get that if i knew what i know now. i would rate the full hmf and the x-4 similar in power.

chadmel
05-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Cals, thanks a lot for the info.