PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Predator vs. Yamaha YFZ450

gnttype
05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I am looking for feedback regarding the Polaris Predator and the Yamaha YFZ450. I am having trouble deciding which one to buy. Any information you can offer regarding features, how they ride, why you bought one or the other, what your buddies think about them, etc., it would be much appreciated. Please let me know what type of rider you are (dunes, jumping, trails, racing, and your age) so I can weigh that against your comments. Thanks.

calds650
05-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Have a 05 TLD ride trails and track and a back up for the dunes my DS is for the dunes. I am an old fart and not in to winning races just want to have fun and it is made in the good old USA. I did not go with the YFZ450 because I did not like how I sat on it. The YFZ450 is a racer and my old bones like the DS and TLD better. I can ride both for hours hope this helps

aci clay
05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
see reply in racing section

RaptorHappy660r
06-14-2005, 12:29 PM
i can see y u r having some trouble deciding which one to buy i would to but i think if i was in your situation i would go for the predator i live in a town that has a polaris dealer and most of the ppl i kno who have preds are vry happy with them and woulnt trade them for the world i hope i have helped you on deciding and didnt make u think u yfz is a bad fourwheeler bcuz its not it is a good quality atv but i think u would feel better on a polaris predator!!!!!:D :D :D

gunter
06-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi, I have a 04 Pred and very happy. i'm 6'3" and found the 450 is to low and kept on bumping my knees in corners. I do a lot of outrides, trails. but no raceing

Hope it helps

Barely legal
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
You can raise the bars for $35. i'm 6'5" and the bars are absolutely no issue now.