PDA

View Full Version : repacking a megamax

05-21-2002, 07:49 AM
does the fmf megamax pipe need to be re-packed every once in a while? if so, how do i do it? is it better off just taking it to the dealer and letting them do it?? also, how do you know its time to re-pack? lol sorry for all the questions. i just need a little more info on this.

05-21-2002, 07:54 AM
Well 400exgirl,,you should repack a muffler at least once a year to keep optimum performance. It's not hard to do at all and packing only cost about $10..you just remove the end cap or end peice were it connects to the headpipe end and the entire outer jacket should slid out. But you might have to rivot it back together or go get some stainless screws to put it back together.

frogburner
05-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Well you loosen this, then loosen that... Tug on it a little while, wrap it up good, then Stick it back in..... The tighten that and tighten this..... YOUR DONE.....]

Thats all there is to it...;)

MUFFLER REPACKING 101

ChadEXer
05-21-2002, 05:27 PM
if i was you i would repack it every 3 months! I had a mega max on my Foreman and it burnt a hole the size of a baseball through it in less than 3 months!! i sent it back and got another one and it almost lasted 5 months!! Im not a big FMF fan!!!
Aint that right Rico;) :D :D