PDA

View Full Version : Race report.....

Texan32
05-21-2002, 07:46 AM
Ok, here's the "skinny" on what happened. The race was in Sioux Falls, SD. We only had about 15 quads this time (32 last month). The track...well, i think the kids that laid out the track must have JUST smoked i buig fat bag of CRACK!!!! It was UNBELIEVABLE. It was marked off at just over 5 miles/lap. I would say a good 2 miles of it were single lane areas. We went across water, on the side of steep hillsides (while doing a u-turn!), through deep washouts and across rattle-your-brain-out strait aways (it was rough...get it;) ) We were also treated this time. We got to go through a good section of the MX track. They took us over some 60ft tabletops! My friends THOSE WERE AWSOME!!!!! And, I'm happy to report that with the help of my new Elka's, i cwas able to place 9th. I know, i know....9th wew...wew... But hey, i got a TERREBLE start and i only got passed by one person. For only being my second race, I'm happy!

On the Elka's. They worked great. I was ably to ride much faster this time. The jumps were especially fun knowing that i didn't have to worry about a rough landing. and, there were a few spots in particular that i know they saved my kiester. My buddy watched a craptor flip en over end over end (the guy got pretty banged up too). I hit the exact same spot and made it through safe because the shock were able to soak up the impact!

All and all, this was a much better trip than last month. i had a great time. here are a few pics my girl got. This is all of us staged and ready...

Texan32
05-21-2002, 07:49 AM
here is one of the track...well, a very small portion...that is me chasing a DS. i was able to keep up for 4 out of the 5 laps we made, but on that 5th, i just didn't have as much juice left in me as he did.....

Texan32
05-21-2002, 07:51 AM
here is one of the table tops. its not a great pic and that was the smaller of the tabletops. Its the only jump pic i got. I obviously didn't express to my gf how much i wanted a GOOD pic of me jumping. It doesn't seem like it, but it sure felt like i was 10 feet up....

DESDAK4
05-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Glad to hear all went well. I am going to have to try it out down there one time. I noticed you hauled another quad. Anyway still maiking it to Bismarck this weekend? Nice Air.

Texan32
05-21-2002, 07:54 AM
and finally...here is the aftermath. We had 3 or 4 really muddy spots. It was so deep that if you let the gas off for 1 moment....call the wrecker....you were done! (it was much worse right after the race, this is the day after)

cotttonwoody
05-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Were are you station in ND? Are you in the air force. I went to an air force base in North Dakota last month and seen a couple 400ex there but they were yellow.

SGA
05-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Was wondering how it went! Sounds like you had a blast. Glad to hear all went well. Good luck on the next one. Glad to hear the shocks performed good also.

Texan32
05-24-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm currently stationed at Minot AFB. There actually a hella lot of 4 wheelers out here. It's amazing that NOONE will step up and build a track that we can run on. There are a few MX tracks, but they won't let AVT's in....jerks!!!

Anyhow, the race went great. i called the track guys back and officially i placed 9th. There were two other that did all 5 laps behind me. There were 2 more that only finished 4 laps and the were 2 that didn't finish even 1 lap. Believe it or not, i know for fact that 3 out of the 4 i just mentioned were CRAPTORS..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...and they spent how much more than i did?.....HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, with that said, i probably just cursed myself for next month. so, i am going to go now and do some good deed to make up for it :p :D

Later all. Have a good Memorial Day weekend!