PDA

View Full Version : 6 hours of America (Ironman)

dirtriderex
05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I have no races this weekend so I was thinking about riding Ironman in the 6 Hours Of America. I am in very good shape, my question is can it be done, and is anyone else riding Ironman? I don't want to share my quad, or be the only one riding Ironman. So what do you guys think! Try it.......:ermm:

400exmom
05-17-2005, 05:52 PM
YOU can do it!!

but for god sake tighten yer lugnuts!!!:devil:

and if your going swing through washington and pick me up~ im not hauling a quad and we can split gas~:)

kc 300EX
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I think you have to be one braaave soul to try that.
I know I couldn't do it!!

It's a team race for a reason.... if you really don't trust anyone else on your quad, I suggest ATLEAST having a guy or two to help out in the pits.

If you go for it, either way, GOOD LUCK! and let us know how it turns out.

jshtex
05-17-2005, 08:32 PM
A friend of mine was the first rider to do it here at the Texas 6 hour. He races in our local Texas xc series (www.atvccs.com) and it didn't kill him or anything.

He road a brand new 450R (literally picked it up that week) I guess the theory was that it was still under warranty so if it had too much wrong with it after the race he could take it back and say something like "I only road it one weekend".

Anyway he did have a few minor problems and the Texas race was a real mud fest. He had folks with other teams helping him pit and keeping his radiator cleaned out. Remember you don't have to run as many laps as the team riders do just enough to compete with anyone else in your class. If my memory serves me correctly I think he was like 10 laps down from the overall team leader.

Tattooed Trash
05-18-2005, 09:56 AM
I think you can do it, just pace yourself, dont try to front run- take plenty of Cardiostacks- start drinking only water starting today( get all the crap flushed from your system), duct-tape your hands on the grips and dont forget to do some birdwatching-lol. I wish ya the best of luck if you choose to do it- it would be an accomplishment in itself to complete the race solo.

dirtriderex
05-18-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm going to do it. I do alot of endurance workouts, so I think I will be fine. Hey if I'm the only one in Ironman I will get first place:D

jshtex
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
[i]Hey if I'm the only one in Ironman I will get first place:D [/B]

Thats the spirit :D

Good luck!

montycarlo
05-19-2005, 05:18 AM
/me tips hat to the Ironman.

You must clank when you walk. :D

Shawn H
05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I was thinking about Ironmanning it too.
i dont see it to be so bad at all!

I was unable to get work off so I cant go. Your in luck:p

79400ex
05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
I know one other person who said he was going to try it. It is not me. I have ateam in the 30+ class.

jdwxv3
05-19-2005, 06:32 PM
I think Butch Jones from MO is going to try and Iron Man it.

dirtriderex
05-19-2005, 07:33 PM
snowgasm I was thinking about Ironmanning it too. Wow that suxs, I can't believe your not going!