PDA

View Full Version : water in rear end

T-were
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
i was loosening the four bolts in the rear to tighten my chain the other day and when i did water came pouring out this isnt good right? i know the bearing are "sealed" but i still dont like the water bing in the carrier what sould i do? get a new rubber gasket or what let me know what you think

05-17-2005, 12:31 PM
I can 2nd your " isnt good" .

blue416ex
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
mittimg your wrong noob's :rolleyes: n e ways its fine water gets in between the carrier and the swinger mine does it all the time there is a large o ring on both side of the carrier but all they do is break so i left mine out there was a post about these not too long ago anyways it isnt bad because both your carrier and swinger are aluminum so no harm is done to my knowledge as long as the water isn't in the carrier itself but by your description it sounds like im right and if someone has a logical explanation against mibne id love to hear it (not being sarcastic or a d!ck)

duke416ex
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Water coming out when you loosen those bolts doesn't mean it is in the carrier. It just means that it is in the swingarm, which is the housing for the carrier. Do you run a skidplate? If not check to make sure the bolt holes where the skid goes on aren't stopped up. Even if you don't have it in the carrier, going through that much water will eat the bearings up quick.

If you don't ride through much water, here's a tip rpm gave me, don't use a pressure washer to get the grease and dirt off around the carrier, it will just get water in the carier and ruin the bearings. Hope this helps.

FoxMxRiders
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
that happen to me last winter ... I drain all water and run good