PDA

View Full Version : Baja 500

socallen85
05-17-2005, 12:19 PM
i thought its about time i put it out there

whose going, whose racing, pitting, watching?

we got a short course this year with a lot of good teams, its gonna be a good one!

Vtr_Racing
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Ill be keeping track of what I can. Have some people down there that hopefully will update us. There is another website that should be broadcasting the Weatherman live. Like the San Felipe 250. Thats was really cool. Soon as we get some more info on that will post it.

While were at it, whos got there pics for the race. Whos gonna win?????

socallen85
05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
i dont have a good camera but im gonna try to take some pics

but theres a lot of good teams out there, with a realy fast course, its anyones right now

Temecula Motorsports has 3 teams
Earl Thigpen
Mike Cafro
Josh Fredrick

Team Suzuki/Alba
Wayne Matlock and Chad Prull

Team Bombardier
Ryan Wheeler

and lots of good local Mexican teams!
its gonna be a good one

baja_racer
05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I will be at the BFG pit at Erendira.

QuadJunkies
05-20-2005, 11:09 AM
we got an invite, buts its too far and wasnt planned . Would be ver y cool to race though, maybe some day we can make it out .I cant wait to see some coverage ! :macho

socallen85
05-21-2005, 01:06 PM
i am going to take as many pics as i can in between pitting our quad

Duncanracer
05-23-2005, 05:38 PM
gl dude.....

wish i could do that.....

Merriman
05-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Un fortunately I won't be there. I'll be in Massachusetts this coming week, and won't be back until Sat. afternoon. And our pit this year was going to be a good one with 5 McMillin stops at the very bottom of the course after simspson hill. :(

Vtr_Racing
06-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Bump this to the top. Good luck all racers and crews down in Baja. Stay safe. Race starts in about 6 hours...6am west coast time

06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Well the whole baja 500 did not go as planned. i started out thursday morning revalving and seting up shocks for wes miller and dana creek for their yfz 450 and later that evening doing some testing with them. then made our way down to baja. the bombardiar ride with greg row, ryan wheeler and myself was going to be good race. i was waiting in valley t to get on the bike wes and dana were the first threw with a 15 min lead then followed by about three other teams. my section was the mikes loop 80 miles of junk rocked out whoops with no breaks no graded roads a xc racers dream section to make up time in. well our bike normally goes 100 miles on a tank of fuel well i ran out five miles from the end of my section and had to walk to get gas at a mag 7 pit i had passed a mile bike. well no thanks to three of the quads that passed me as i was walking i know who you are but it was fun. all and all dont know were we finished but that is racing. gongrats to josh, cyle, and levi and also to wes and dana after finishing second after fixing a spun hub. thank you mexico it is always an adventure

QuadJunkies
06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Did Eichner race the 500???

Cant wait to se some of the pics others took!

06-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Allen, I would just blame the gas problem on Ryan....:D It's always his fault. LOL glad you all made it out in one piece, I called RW to see how it was but haven't heard back, but I at least know now.

BTW before next season I'll get my TCS to Ryan to get them to ya for a re-valve. I should be about 40lbs lighter by then and will need to get the shocks touched up a bit.

Jason

06-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Allen, I would just blame the gas problem on Ryan....:D It's always his fault. LOL glad you all made it out in one piece, I called RW to see how it was but haven't heard back, but I at least know now.

BTW before next season I'll get my TCS to Ryan to get them to ya for a re-valve. I should be about 40lbs lighter by then and will need to get the shocks touched up a bit.

Jason

Not a problem we will get them done.

No eichner did not race he is mainly sticking to worcs series this year but may race the baja 1000

Vtr_Racing
06-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Great job on the finish Allen. Eric Pealstrom gave me the report from Todd Johnson who was pitting for Wes. Sounds like they lost the lead with a bad battery or something like that, along with the hub issue.
Hey, I would have given you a ride!!!!!! Running out of gas sucks.
We used to carry a little bit in a gatorade bottle just in case. Thats on a 2 stroke though.
BTW, the Guilty 450r suspension is wroking killer now. Thanks.

socallen85
06-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Race mile 33

2A Ceaser Chanate (riding for Earl Thigpen) pulled into Ojos Negros Honda pit first while feuling 5A Wes Miller was able to get around him and take a five second lead

Race mile 175

5A Dana Creech came through with about a 15 minute lead over second place 10A Levi Marana, 3rd place through was Fransisco Ruano *2A Earl Thigpen's rider Carmen Cafro ran out of gas on the Beach, Carmen Said " I got behind a Bike and in his dust i guess i must have missed the Honda pit"

Race mile 270

Same order, but just after mile 270 Wes Miller had some Battery Problems and Spun a hub i was told and relinquished the lead to 10A Cyle Chislock

Race mile 335

1st Chislock on 10A running strong with no problems, 2nd Miller 5A fixed the hub and the battery, 3rd Ruano 9A

Race mile 387

same order runing strong

Finish

Class 25 open pro ATV
1st Fredricks 10A
2nd Miller 5A
3rd Ruano 9A

Class 24
1st Shreier 101A

Class spt ATV
1st Castro 99A