PDA

View Full Version : Finally go the new mini!!!!!!

dirtmomma
05-17-2005, 08:09 AM
Well we got the new Kasea yesterday afternoon FINALLY man I'm glad that wait is over LOL ;)

Ron brought it home we put it together & it fired right up!! Trevor rode it for a few laps & he's LOVING it :D thought I would post some pics of it & him, 1st thing we have to do is get a set of nerfs for it, then the FUN begins :devil: :blah:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p444c61cf08ee2212d5cc5fae2eef659d/f415a9dd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p65c2134cb815cc31e9b070dcccf281c0/f415a331.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p39c8ca6fd749710c7e5942f4b7824ec6/f415a9e4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/pb3dbc531426d39464b949aea6a742c44/f415a9e1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p0a4f4380f726964c45171b37c722f354/f415a9e5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/pc8eaac90379ee342304616c2ae63b00b/f415a9e6.jpg

AtvMxRider
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
:) Congrats

wilkin250r
05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Do the headlights work?

foleyit
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Do the headlights work?

I don't think that they come stock with lights, but you can purchase a light kit for the Kasea if desired. The Kasea's key has three positions: off, on, and on w/lights.

foleyit
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Dirtmomma,

Did you know about removing the brass collar from the slide on the carb? If need more throttle and haven't done it yet, it's there waiting to be removed.

reese5171
05-17-2005, 03:45 PM
you really should have brought it out to pacific raceways this last weekend just to get the new smell off of it.
wow what a turn out on the minis.

BradLoomis
05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes it was a great turn out and we were missing a few from our team. We will all be there on the 26th though. It would be neat if we had to qualify for the main with the minis. Don't think I have seen much bigger of a turnout anywhere else except the Winter Track opener.

reese5171
05-17-2005, 11:12 PM
i agree i havent talked to bob about it yet but i fullysupport your suggestions over on quads only

i also think that stock should be bone stock no modified pipes i understand its hard to police but would keep things more even

i also think if there going to run the stocks on the little track to give them more laps

my wife thinks it would be better to have a class for true beginners and the mini minis because they could get hurt whenthe better riders go flying past

but i do like the idea of qualifying for the main

also what do you think about my son on the eton 70 running with the 50 honest opiions are what i am looking for

hey brad i love to meet you and do any of your crew ride on 70s or 50 with 70 heads just curiouse

QuadJunkies
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Congrats on the new mini!!! :blah: :macho

maggiesboy
05-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by reese5171

i also think if there going to run the stocks on the little track to give them more laps

my wife thinks it would be better to have a class for true beginners and the mini minis because they could get hurt whenthe better riders go flying past

also what do you think about my son on the eton 70 running with the 50 honest opiions are what i am looking for

Yes, the little bikes should run on a smaller track to up the lap count.

Micro mini's should be on the track by themselves. Too many large minis (50-70cc) are double the weight of the mico's.

That sums up my opinion on the 70's running with the 50 class. I do not think it should happen. If you don't see my point, run your 70 in the 90 class. I say this because my boy rides a 40, and some of the other 50's are very small. A three year old on a 240 pound quad in monroe created a big scare this last year on opening night. Those larger machine should stay together. My 2 cents.

My sons LT50 is 100 pounds, Eton 40 is 128 pounds

dirtmomma
05-18-2005, 08:12 AM
you really should have brought it out to pacific raceways this last weekend just to get the new smell off of it.
wow what a turn out on the minis.

Yes I'm sure I should of but we didn't get it till MONDAY :)

As for the "micro" mini's & reg. mini's classes well ya know they arean't making many more "micro's" yes we have 2 but they were used for his PEEWEE CLASS as they should be now he will be stepping up so thats why we went w/ the bigger mini!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunelty you will see this Bill, I mean even the LT50's(new) are bigger than yours it IS a bummer but I doubt they are gonna be starting up new classes just for the micro's hell they run us thru as fast as they can NOW!! Anyway I know you don't like the fact that we went bigger BUT Trev's been racing longer than Brandon & we will try to put him in a different class!!!!!!! We figured since he's moving up a class why leave him on the micro to get run over :D Maybe I'm just having a bad day, had a bad evening so sorry if I sound like a ****** but I am what I am :D:D :D

maggiesboy
05-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Naw momma, We know Trev can ride. It is the 1st year peewees on the larger machines that gives me the chills. I can't wait to find a series that these kids earn the trophys. Lil Mikey from RMC is another great little mini pilot. Plus those goofy kids have fun off the track too. I guess it is mainly the kids that started and don't ride together that scare me. Nothin towards you, or your chitlins!:D :D :D :blah:

Its the people that flat lie about the bike size in order to let thier kid win that pisses me off.

dirtmomma
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
Naw momma, We know Trev can ride. It is the 1st year peewees on the larger machines that gives me the chills. I can't wait to find a series that these kids earn the trophys. Lil Mikey from RMC is another great little mini pilot. Plus those goofy kids have fun off the track too. I guess it is mainly the kids that started and don't ride together that scare me. Nothin towards you, or your chitlins!:D :D :D :blah:

Its the people that flat lie about the bike size in order to let thier kid win that pisses me off.

:) yes it scares us too the kids that have NEVER been on a quad then they get to "race" :huh You know thier parents have probably NEVER rode either!!

fishez3
05-18-2005, 08:36 AM

Classes are set up by engine size to make it fair for all competitors. Running a 70 in the 50 class is not fair to all the other 50cc kids.

Our 70's are required to race in the 90cc class. If your child is not ready for the 90cc class, get a 50cc cylinder and install it on the quad. It is a simple swap and a cheap solution.

maggiesboy
05-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by fishez3
Classes are set up by engine size to make it fair for all competitors. Running a 70 in the 50 class is not fair to all the other 50cc kids.

Our 70's are required to race in the 90cc class. If your child is not ready for the 90cc class, get a 50cc cylinder and install it on the quad. It is a simple swap and a cheap solution. :devil: :D :D :D :devil: Ahh, an evil voice of reason, besides momma!

BradLoomis
05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
i also think that stock should be bone stock no modified pipes i understand its hard to police but would keep things more even

We don't have a stock class at the Winter Track anymore because that seemed to be the class with the most cheating done in it. But to answer your question... to me stock means stock no if's and's or but's.

Big track, little track it should be a time limit plus 1 lap situation. That works for all the Nat'l races and I think it would make the moto's run smoother knowing that you would be racing at a given time.

I believe classes should be made up by engine size and then rider ability . I have seen great riders on slower bikes be moved up a class and i have seen fast bikes with slow riders be moved down a class. Every parent wants their kid to win trophies... but I don't know any that would want their kid to get hurt for it. That's why it is our responsibility to get the riders in the right classes. The problem is, you can't quite do it with only two or three classes.

but i do like the idea of qualifying for the main

hey brad i love to meet you and do any of your crew ride on 70s or 50 with 70 heads just curiouse

At Woodland our classes are
50 - 70 cc
80 - 90 cc Beg
80 - 110 cc Amt
80 - 110 cc Int

My honest opinion on your boy is to run him him where he is competitive. #53 Ellis Rempelos raced his 70 last year at Woodland and crushed the class for two races then moved all the way up to the fastest class of Int riders where he came in second to last and then moved back one class where he finished the season. He finished Second in the high point series to older kids and faster bikes. I guess the point I'm trying to make is his parents wanted him to race for his trophies and not just put him in a class that he can dominate.

Sorry this rattles on but just trying to answer your questions

reese5171
05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
thanks for the feed back brad i really want the sport to grow and to keep familys coming back to race so all input is appreciated

maybe if you have a minite send an email to bob l and tell him how you guys do it a woodland because i know he was very impressed with the mini turn out now he has to make it work the best he can

i really liked the gp races

foleyit
05-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I've noticed that at the IPP Quadcross series at Glen Helen, the PeeWee track manager Lori tries her best there with us. If the parents speak up with their concerns she tries to accomodate them. The classes are:

4-6 50cc Stock
4-6 50cc Mod
7-8 50cc Stock
7-8 50cc Mod
70-90cc*

* This class was added for any beginner kids that didn't feel comfortable on the big track.

Sure each class has their slow riders and their fast riders. My daughter races on a Kasea in the 4-6 stock class along with some other racers on Kaseas/LRX, but there are also some other quads in this group that are much slower and/or riders lack experience on the track. Slower quads are always going to be on the track no matter at what level. It's the experience I think that requires attention. Nothing like a beginner rider on the track site seeing and weaving side to side.

Perhaps introducing like BradLoomis said for each class a skill level in addition to all the classes where needed is the answer.

At this level, keeping it fun and safe is the way it should be. The 1-3 spots have a number on the trophy, and everyone else receives the same trophy without the number. Nobody goes home empty handed.