PDA

View Full Version : what shocks work on Z400??

KYmxracer52
05-16-2005, 09:10 PM
I have a friend who's wanting to buy a set of the stock 05 Z400 shocks with reservoirs. Does anyone know if a 450R front shock will fit at all? He's wanting something fairly cheap to ride a little mx and woods. It'll be on stock arms.

ohski
05-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Last week I asked if my Elka's from my 400ex would work on my Z400. The answer was no.

Hope that helps.

Wade

400exrider707
05-16-2005, 10:52 PM
there are just short of 30 million posts on this topic please use the search button on the top of the page, and if your too lazy this should sum it up........... NO

DamnRock
05-16-2005, 11:14 PM
yes, 450r shocks will work on a z400 with no modifications. there are photos somewhere on z400central.com that show it...

I don't guarantee, but I have heard it a # of times that they do work with no modifications ... just bolt them up and go.

rock

KYmxracer52
05-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Thanks Rock!! Im sure for the type of riding he is doing, they will work fine untill he can get some revalved.

Hey 400exrider........if you aint got nothing to say on the matter except for hearing your mouth rattle, just dont post anything. I just didn't have the time last night to sit around and read every post on the matter, just wanted a simple little HONEST yes or no. What does it matter if I start another meaningful post about something in its right topic rather than you running off at the mouth about someone being lazy??? You act like you own this site and an extra post is all the site can hold. I'm just asking for you to act like an adult........if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

And I'm sure you'll have something to comment on this, as does everyone else that responds to posts like you, just PM me your reply so we don't trash up another meaningful post...OK.

parkers30
05-17-2005, 06:41 AM
I'd wait for Jeff@the Quadshop to respond with official info....

but from what understand they will not work, the stop points are not right and will trash the ball joints, just because they fit does not mean it is a safe thing to do. Stick with shocks intended for you fourwheeler you'll be happier in the end

MXRACER86
05-17-2005, 08:21 AM
................just because they bolt up doesn't mean that they will work right!!! It can put unwanted pressure on ball joints and spindles! IT is not a safe thing to do! Either stay with stock or cough up some money and buy some aftermarket shocks. PERIOD.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-17-2005, 09:05 AM
The 05 z400 shocks would be you best cheap option. THe shocks are made for that bike. You can also have them revalved and spring into a a triple rate front and dual rate rear.:)

DamnRock
05-17-2005, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KYmxracer52
[B]Thanks Rock!! Im sure for the type of riding he is doing, they will work fine untill he can get some revalved.
[QUOTE]

I can appreciate the advice of them not working "correctly"... I do know they will fit for sure... as for if they work well or if they will cause any damage, I have not heard that on z400central... you might check over there, do a search for the guy who posted pictures and ask him how it's going for him.

I personally am looking out for the z400 2005 shocks... if I can get a deal on them. I think i've seen 450r shocks going for $300 or so on ebay.

Good luck with whatever you/he chooses to do.

rock

05-17-2005, 03:34 PM
The 05 z shocks will raise your front end a little. There .2" taller lol.

ohski
05-18-2005, 12:42 AM
I personally am looking out for the z400 2005 shocks... if I can get a deal on them. I think i've seen 450r shocks going for $300 or so on ebay.

Good luck, I check ebay every few days and haven't seen a set yet. I know because I want a set too:ermm:

Wade

400exrider707
05-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by KYmxracer52
Thanks Rock!! Im sure for the type of riding he is doing, they will work fine untill he can get some revalved.

Hey 400exrider........if you aint got nothing to say on the matter except for hearing your mouth rattle, just dont post anything. I just didn't have the time last night to sit around and read every post on the matter, just wanted a simple little HONEST yes or no. What does it matter if I start another meaningful post about something in its right topic rather than you running off at the mouth about someone being lazy??? You act like you own this site and an extra post is all the site can hold. I'm just asking for you to act like an adult........if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

And I'm sure you'll have something to comment on this, as does everyone else that responds to posts like you, just PM me your reply so we don't trash up another meaningful post...OK.

I wasn't saying anything complaining, I was just saying you would find more information faster by just searching because there is already so much more info on this. How was anything I said not nice btw? If you really want to, you can bolt them up they will fit, but it wont be correct, but hey what do I know.