PDA

View Full Version : Problems with throttle

Recondude
05-20-2002, 08:23 PM
I was riding a 400ex today and for somereason you could only push the throttle to like a 1/4, and then it would stop, if you really pused on it hard, it would "break free" and then go to full throttle. But then, once you let go, it does the same thing. Do you think that its catching something on the side of the carb area were the cable goes in ? Its really annoying. I cleaned the slide real quick today thinking that it might have been stopping it, but it wasnt. someone give me there opinion on whats wrong with it.. Thanks

Bspring
05-21-2002, 09:15 AM
If you have aftermarket grips make sure the lever is clearing the bottom of the grip.
Check the bushings and washer for the lever.
Disconnect the cable and check the linkage at the carb to see if it is stiff. Make sure the cable is not kinked. If all is ok, replace the cable.

DTRAIN
05-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Similiar thing happened to me and it ended being that the throttle cable was frayed so it was catching the rubber on the outside of it. I just replaced the cable and all was well again.. Look close at the cable and see if any strands are poking through, if so that is your problem