PDA

View Full Version : Georgia riders

DWT74
05-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Anyone from GA.

250R
05-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I am right here in Atlanta, where do you normally ride at?

ryann mx68
05-17-2005, 11:28 AM
canton, wheres dalton? ive got some places close to me, my normal riding areas, you know just screwing around type of stuff.
tried out houston valley a couple of weeks ago, no track there, just trails, fire roads and about 150 4 wheelers, people going all directions [2 way trails= not good] where do you guys go?

DWT74
05-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I ride Houston Valley alot cause its a 15 minute ride from the house, becareful there its dangerous. Yes the trails are 2way and some are tight and greenery is thick. I go to Prentice Cooper too its in Chattanooga Tn huge place just watch for wild life there deer, bears and turkey. :)

250R
05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
That is exactly why I try not to ride these OHV parks that are so popular right now. There are too many idiots at those places that ride a notch or two above thier skill level and forget other people are on the trail also. How is Prentiss Cooper, I have heard of it before, but have never been there. What about any good power lines or gas lines to ride in this area, I would think there would have to be some, but no one I talk to knows of any.

ryann mx68
05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
is there a web site for that place in chattanooga, we went to the aquarium up there-only about an hour away from here.

ryann mx68
05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
oh yeah, whats goin on georgia? 3 people, come on, post-up.
theres more 4 wheelers in GA than people.

alex_trxer
05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
i live around 50 miles south.

REF426
06-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi, I ride southwest ga.(Early county) I have 200 acres of pasture, and woods. I guess I have the only sports quad in town can't find anyone else to ride with.

DWT74
06-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I hunt alot down in S GA and i like it down there, its peaceful it seems and flat. Your lucky to have the acreage to ride on its open OHV trails up here. Also i would have thought there where more Ga riders on here but i guess not.:cool:

CRE Performance
06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Im from Chatsworth, GA. I ride with friends and family on the weekends alot. We have ridden almost every legal place around here so now were getting into motocross a little. What kind of quad you got?

weylin70
07-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I ride in the sand dunes in Albany. It's a pretty nice spot.

kreed5821
07-08-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm in NE GA, Habersham County. I ride/live near Locust STake.

TRXMaddness
07-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Stationed here in Beaufort, SC. I drive down to Vidalia, GA once a month to ride at a local MX track there. Southern Extreme is the name of it. Here is a number if anyone is interested (912)537-2128. I might be heading down there tomorrow for a day of riding.

kreed5821
07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Since Locust has been closed so much this year, I've discovered a better place to ride. Broad River ATV is worth the drive.

DWT74
07-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey Kreed where is Broad River, Im getting tired of Houston valley and need new ground to ride on:D

kreed5821
07-09-2005, 08:32 PM
It is about twelve miles from Elberton on hwy 77. Quite a trip for you. If you know how far it is to Athens, it'll be about the same. Heres their site: www.broadriveratv.com . They will welcome you. And it's all one way. They've added trails in the last two weeks. I've been three times and still haven't ridden all of them. But two of those times, I've taken my son and he slows me down quite a bit. Hope ya try it and like it! On their site they talk about two trail systems, one slow and one fast, but that is not how it is yet. They are great. It's the only place I've ever seen with portapotties on the trails. They have directions from Athens and Elberton, but if you are going another way, just ask them on their forums and they'll be someone who knows the way I'm sure. Or mapquest it.

I've only ridden Houston Valley once. It is a long haul for me and is similar to Locust Stake, so for the distance I'll stick to Locust. Houston Valley was fun though.

trx400exxracer
07-13-2005, 07:32 AM
We frequently race/ride in Perry,GA. Henderson, GA and a new track is being built in Wadley, GA. Currently we are racing in a four race series. The series information as well as directions are listed on the following web site:

http://www.trailride-ga.com/

Also, check out my web site:

http://brendarogers.home.mchsi.com

We have also ridden at Culloden, GA. Rocky Creek ATV Park. It is fine if you just want to ride, however, we enjoy racing and the trails/tracks where we race is a lot more fun.

Check it out!!

anybody around this area please come bring freinds and invite people you Know help keep this wonderful xc series
alive!!!!!!!

adavis4
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
this is the best place that i have ever ridden in ga. It s about 70 miles east of atl. 86 miles of one-way trails and 3 motocross tracks. this place is awesome. check it out at durhamtown.com

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by adavis4
this is the best place that i have ever ridden in ga. It s about 70 miles east of atl. 86 miles of one-way trails and 3 motocross tracks. this place is awesome. check it out at durhamtown.com

Been there. Have you tried Broad River ATV?

For anyone on the western side of GA, there is another new place called Highland Park Resort. I haven't been to it, but the owner seems to be very customer service oriented. That is what I like about Broad River.

trx400exxracer
12-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Durhamtown is fun because its got a little bit of everything for everyone but it does nothave any tight trails to ride on they are just wide open with jump after jump

I do like the woods mx track

but I wish they had some tight challenging woods/xc tracks

250R
12-12-2005, 01:36 PM
This is just my opion, but Durhamtown is not a very good place to ride, sure they have a lot of trails, a track, and a drag strip to play on, but, you have to ride there with the rest of the state of Georgia. The trails, when I was there about 1.5 years ago, were all two way, most of the people on sport quads rode 1 step over there head and if you met one coming at you around a curve...hold on. Then, we were constantly running up on other parties on utility quads or groups with kids and they would not let us by. I have NOTHING againt utility quads or kids, but most of the people you are forced to ride with at these places are new to the sport and must not be aware of "riding etiquette". I do not mean to come across all negative, but there are just too many people there to really ride agressive and safe

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
I quit riding there after the owner went off on a rant about quads and how we tear up everything. I don't think they had near the trails they claimed either. We rode every trail they had (for quads) in one morning and rode some of them twice. I talked to someone who had an odometer on their quad and it came up with less than half of what they claimed...lol I've heard they were adding more since then. I also heard the owner was ticked off when that person asked where the rest of the trails were...lol

I think they are all one way now, but not challenging at all when I was there.

I'd rather support a place that actually likes quads and appreciates the business. That's why I like Broad River ATV so much. Durhamtown's owner told the owner of Broad River that they might as well close down now (before they even opened) if they were going to cater to quad riders.

Broad River has super nice cabins and have recently completed their first track. The cabins have screened in porches and all. The food can't be beat either. The trails aren't really challenging yet though. If you like mud, they've got plenty of it. They have by-pass trails for those of us with sport quads to get around the deep holes. And they have a pressure washer and showers so you can wash your quad and yourself up before heading home.

250R
12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Kreed, I wouldnt mind meeting up with you and riding this broadriver place your talking about if you want......

Anbother place I really like is Kentuck (as far as riding on public land goes), you ever tried it out?

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Sounds good to me 250R. I'll have to take a raincheck until spring though. I wiped out at Locust Stake last weekend and fractured three vertebrae in my lower back...lol

I've never rode Kentuck. Have you ever rode Locust?

What is Kentuck like? I couldn't find a description on it except for fast and two-way...lol

Locust has some tough spots but not too bad. It's at least somewhat challenging and if you take it for granted it can break your back...lol...I'm proof!

250R
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Negative on the Locust, I have never, ever (utill recently) had to ride any OHV, public, or pay to ride places. I am from North AL and we always had plenty of places to ride that were private (i.e. - mining areas or places that I have no idea who owned them), but due to people F'ing with things like bulldozers or leaving trash everywhere thay all got clsoed.

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Stuff like that is what gives all of us a bad name. Locust is just $5 to ride all day and is about 15 minutes from my house, so I like it!

Broad River is on hwy 77. About thirty minutes farther north than Durhamtown. You may not like it as much as I do. I kinda like to play in the mud...lol. But the main loop is wide open! I haven't gotten to try out the mx track yet. I love the place though. They even have porta potties on the trails. Check out their website. The pics on the main page change so be sure to go to it until you see a little boy on a blue quad. You have to scroll down to see it. That's my son.

Depending on what part of Atlanta you live in, it would take you between an hour and an hour and a half to get to Locust Stake. Also depends on how fast you drive.

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
My email is kreed5821@yahoo.com and I have yahoo messenger so if you have it, private message me.

250R
12-12-2005, 02:25 PM
That is fine, I am used to a little driveing to ride. I will try to get up with you this spring when you get all healed up and after the new has worn off a little one we are expecting in about a month. I also need to go through the top end of mine and at least re-ring it before I do to much more riding.

kreed5821
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Congrats on the yungin! I've got two. My little boy is four. He rides a 50cc Kazuma. AND LOVES IT!!

Adam22
12-14-2005, 07:14 AM
I actually live in Locust Grove, about 20 mins south of atlanta. Are there any place to ride down here except high falls? Any information would be great.

kreed5821
12-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Have you tried SunnySide ATV? I've never been but heard good things about em. Here is the link: Sunny Side ATV (http://www.sunnysideatv.com/)

redlineranger
12-15-2005, 09:49 AM
www.gulfmx.com

that website is the gulf coast racing extreme series.... they have georgia mx, alabama mx, mississippi mx, florida mx and more..... go there and you should be able to find plenty of georgia riders

hope this helps

speeddemon105
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kreed5821
Have you tried SunnySide ATV? I've never been but heard good things about em. Here is the link: Sunny Side ATV (http://www.sunnysideatv.com/)
I haven't talked to anybody thats been there, but its less than an hour away from me, so hopefully I'll go there sometime within the next month, and I'll let everyone know.

kreed5821
12-15-2005, 06:45 PM
The Ga ATV Rider's Assn has a forum on www.atvnation.com toward the bottom of the forums. That is how I found out about it. Some if not all of them have been there. If you ask on there, they will tell you what they can about it. It's listed under "possum patrol" in the forums.

chriscrf
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I live in augusta, ga and ride often at aonia mx pass, vidalia, turkeycreek, and ocassionally durmantown if it rains the day or two before the weekend. The grounds is so hard that in half a day after pouring rain it is dry and dusty again. Aonia has some 14 miles of trails, i have done them once but i like mx and tt or flatrack. Aonia has a flattrack now also but you can only ride if you have flattrack tires(no mx tires allowed). I ride most every weekend and race on national weekends mx and flattrack. Any of yall want to hook up some weekend just let me know if yall are up for it.

2003 crf450 laeger #4
(2005 extreme dirt track national champion)

jmsmilin
11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I live in Augusta too, Im stationed at Ft Gordon. SunnySide ATV is about 30min from me. Its fun, but its not as big as Durhamtown, you can hit all the trails in one day of riding. It has a lot of stuff, but its expensive and it is poorly advertised. They are open only every other weekend and I just think they charge too much, $20 per machine for that place is too high, especially if you go with a family of 3+ machines and like to ride 2-4 times a month = as much as $240 a month, ouch. And they dont do annual passes.

Where is Locust Stake? Are there any FREEe areas to ride near Augusta? What is vidalia etc that you mentioned chriscrf?

Im going to Durhamtown this weekend with some 3wheelerworld dudes if anyone is interested.

trx400exxracer
11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
ohh trying to keep this thread alive

my family and a couple of friends are getting up a ride to go to Broad River ATV or Durhamtown but i will let you guys know when i get more info on that!!!