PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my 400

400EXdude
05-16-2005, 07:28 PM
okay we just replaced the piston with a 10:1 wiseco 406 piston and im really happy with it..i went riding breaking it in like i was supposed to then changed the oil and rode again today...i rode it hard for about 30 minutes then took it in the shop to check the oil...it looked a lil low so i added some...it started overflowing a lil bit so i stopped and then fired it up...it made a wierd sound when it started so i shut it off and tried it again...same noise...so once again i shut it off and let it sit for a bit...tried it back...then it made a wierd noise and then died,....and now the neutral light wont even show up and it wont even make a sound when i hit the button...what the hecks wrong?

JOEX
05-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Check the fuse first then discribe the wierd noise a little better.

400EXdude
05-18-2005, 05:58 PM
no one else has any ideas?

2004exrider
05-19-2005, 01:47 PM
well when you change the oil you fill it up then ride EASY for 5 mins so it can get distributed where it is needed. turn it off then let it sit for a few mins check again (its gonna be low) fill it back up and run a little. the noise you probly heard was the oil pump trying to get oil and not getting enough so it made gurggling sounds. but describe the noise a little better.

prepracing
05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
describe the noise, where did it seem to be coming from ? could be anything from you locked it up to a starter/battery problem, need some more info ???

blakefoote
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
if it is like a real fast ticking noise I would check out the fuses like JOEX said. ;)

JOEX
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
if it is like a real fast ticking noise I would check out the fuses like JOEX said. ;)
If it's ticking (clicking) the fuse is fine;)

limetimeracerII
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
your battery is dead or you have a bad connection some where. The cliking you heard was the starter seloniod trying to turn the starter over but didn't have enough juice or a bad connection. that why your neutral light does not work either, no power.