PDA

View Full Version : Back Axle Wobble

DAB516
05-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok so my back axle has some play in it when the quad is in the air. I'm guessing I need to replace my bearing. I was wondering if this is something I can do myself and if so what do I need to buy and how do I go about doing it. Thanks

Quiksilver01
05-16-2005, 04:57 PM
you can do it yourself.... its nice to have a service manual

derekhonda
05-17-2005, 12:06 AM
God I dont really feel like typing this out, but I have nothing better to do. Im doing this off the top of my head I might forget a step someone fill it in.

1-Take off rear tires (17 mm socket). Pull cotter pin and remove crown nuts (24mm?)

2-Loosen up the locknut (its to the right of the rotor) and turn the outside of it in until it shows a C-clip. Remove clip.

3-loosen up the 4 allen head bolts directly in the back/center of the swingarm

4-Take off brake caliper by removing two 12mm bolts that hold it onto the brake stay.

5-slide carrier forward by stick a screwdriver in the carrier (just to the right of the sprocket, their are little holes for something to fit in there) lift up to push it forward, this will cause slack in the chain, take chain off sprocket. slide axle out the shifter side of the quad.

6-Remove bearings and seals. Many different methods will work, just try not to scratch up the carrier.

7. reverse steps.

06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
You did that off the top of your head???? You are a genius....I have to replace the bearings on mine too thanx as well.:D :D :D

chucked
06-05-2005, 05:01 PM
you forgot about the big c-clip holding the brake stay.

gojk
06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
It is a very easy process. The most trouble I had while doing it was getting the lock nut loose for the first time. Alot of WD-40 and a cheater bar got it loose though.

FoxRacing81
06-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Just as a correction, I believe the hubs are 27mm nut.