PDA

View Full Version : Mustang exhaust

Andrew400ex
05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm looking to get a catback exhaust for my 99 GT. What do u think is the best for the money. Louder the better. I was looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder systems..?

05-16-2005, 03:41 PM
mack or mak long tube headers. American thunder , off road H pipe, is what my neibor has on his 89.

Go with the american thunder, it is meduim loud at first, but it gets a little louder with time.

TheX1992
05-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Got flowmaster on mine. Doesn't seem too bad.

rodenberg35
05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
stay with shorty's if you chang the headers. as far as from the cats back I would look at the off road H-pipe. It is not legal in most states but if you know someone in the bussines you can usualy get an inspection. I built my H-pipe by neatly cutting everything apart and putting tubes through my cats ( so they are still there ) . as far the sound goes borrla is by far the best sound I have heard on a stang. If you want loud tone go with a set of drag mufflers they are short and sweat. I prefere running strait out the collector but she's a little loud going to town

WKY400EX
05-16-2005, 05:00 PM
I would say definetly get an H-pipe, or X-pipe installed as close to the manifold as you can. Then, go with something like Borla or Dynomax Bullets for mufflers.:D

bids400ex
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
I had a magnaflow on my 96 gt and it was by far one of the best sounding mustangs i have ever heard and most others agreed too. If you want loud go with the magnapacks. I also had an off road x pipe and that made it alot louder. And as far as shorty headers there good on the older mustangs but for a 99 go with some long tube headers.
Ryan

Fordtrucker17
05-16-2005, 06:58 PM
dude get slp wide mouth... omg its so freaking loud ull love it trust me look in to it .... think about it

Doak450r
05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
single chambers no cats louder than any exhaust previously mentioned but not as nice sounding as borla but a lot cheaper.

05-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I had a yard beater subaru that was loud, had NO exaust, the headers fell off the engine. lol.

http://www.freewebs.com/mittimj/thesubaru.htm

05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
correction to last poast, headers should be changed to header. no S.

Butters
05-16-2005, 09:14 PM
i would go with a flowmaster. something that isn't too loud but it has a nice tone.

Rdhanded2
05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
my favorite sound is borla, and they are tunable. They are pricey though, very pricey!

Scott-300ex
05-17-2005, 10:17 AM
i got an h-pipe, i could send you a picture if you want to buy it

on mine i got bbk long tube headers, and long tubes give quite a bit more power than shorty's, and i got a bbk h-pipe system on mine too, no cats, and i got flowmasters mufflers and man does it sound good, long tube headers, to a h-pipe to mufflers

SAY NO!!!! TO CATS

Andrew400ex
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Everyones saying to buy the H pipe or X pipe but i thought by just buying the mufflers and tail pipes im not gonna have to buy a H/X pipe - ..yet. I been lookin around and i thought u could by like muffler and tailpipes for like $370. im looking for just some sound, not lookin to make a 12 second car.

Andrew400ex
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Everyones saying to buy the H pipe or X pipe but i thought by just buying the mufflers and tail pipes im not gonna have to buy a H/X pipe - ..yet. I been lookin around and i thought u could by like muffler and tailpipes for like $370. im looking for just some sound, not lookin to make a 12 second car.

05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
the H pipe makes it a little louder. the x pipe is more than the H pipe and has a little bit better flow than the H pipe. or you can just cut open you catilic converters with a torch, take out the inners, then weld them back on. or shuv a pice of rebar through them. lol

enduro400rider
05-17-2005, 08:00 PM
for mufflers you should get some Purple Hornies the name sounds gay but they sound awsome, my neighbor had them on his camaro it sounded sweet, i think thrush makes them they are glasspacks, from what i hear at all the car shows the off road H pipe is the way to go, yeah they arnt road legal but you should be able to get away with it as long as you dont live in CA cant get away with any emmision deals over there