PDA

View Full Version : This cant be good (pic)....

omaits
05-16-2005, 02:45 PM
This cant be good! I was editing a video of me riding on Adobe Premier and stopped on the frame on me landing. I was really suprised at how low my quad was on the suspension. Should it be like this? It looks like I need to adjust my shocks (stock) is this possible on teh rear? I weigh about 215, so I guess that could be a reason.

(Excuse the quality. Like I said, it is a captured video frame.)

http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.jpg/?id=457832

2000400EX
05-16-2005, 05:09 PM
:eek2: :eek2: DAMN!!! Can you say BOTTOM OUT!!?? Holy crap dude, yeah you definately need to stiffen up that suspension or buy better shocks! DAMN!:eek2: :eek2:

omaits
05-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, i kinda thought my suspension might be shot. Owell, maybe I will just upgrade to a 450 :D

jak1389
05-16-2005, 07:19 PM
lol. thats a pretty bad. your nerfs are skimming the ground. i would say an upgrade in suspension is in order.

b400ex
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
a landing pad would help too

250R-Dee
05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Put a blade on that sucka and you can make some extra money mowing lawns:D .

Sorry the useless reply but that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pic. No landing pad and stock shocks will normally produce results like this but the same will happen with aftermarket shocks if you hit a big jump without a landing pad.

FoxRacing81
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
LOW RIDER BABY!!!

That looks almsot unreal lol...Doesnt that hurt? Haha...Looks like maybe you might have some blown out shocks?

I'm heavier then you and my rear shock doesn't even do that (I have elka fronts)...maybe look at a shock revalve...but try adjusting the preload and stuff first.

omaits
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
It actually does hurt pretty bad when I land. Especially my feet, on the pegs.

I just sucked it up and thought it was normal until I seen the image. Now I realize I was actually hitting the ground!

sharkinthepool
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
No-Man that is not normal!:eek:

TBD
05-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I was always taught that your suspension should bottom out or it's not working probally. Of course you don't want it to do that if you 've just went off a three foot jump. If it's that way because you just landed from a pretty good size jump then you're fine. If it did it over a little jump then you need to do something.

05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
I was bottoming out my 400ex all day long yesterday, man does it hurt too. today I could barley move out of bed I was so sore. lol

omaits
05-17-2005, 08:01 PM
haha. I am sure your not quite as sore as your 400ex though!

05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
true, I somehow bent the rear break disk. I am waiting for the shocks to rip from the frame. Just hope it happens close to home. I never thot I was hard on a quad till I started to read others ppls horror stories, their horror was my averige ride, for the moast part. I avg break 1 thing every ride, roll 2times or sometimes none depends on the day, 5 oh chits!!, about 3 of the oh chits end up being more than that. I was really suprised how much these quads will really fall apart if you dont keep up with maitnence. I weigh 157-160 (got to keep down the race wt) and I still bottom out off jupms more times than not.

I should take a vid of the track I fool around on. tomarow I go riding so maby then.

400exrules
05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
I never thot I was hard on a quad till I started to read others ppls horror stories, their horror was my averige ride, for the moast part.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

oh well, they arent meant for sunday afternoon cruises

Warnerade
05-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
true, I somehow bent the rear break disk. I am waiting for the shocks to rip from the frame. Just hope it happens close to home. I never thot I was hard on a quad till I started to read others ppls horror stories, their horror was my averige ride, for the moast part. I avg break 1 thing every ride, roll 2times or sometimes none depends on the day, 5 oh chits!!, about 3 of the oh chits end up being more than that. I was really suprised how much these quads will really fall apart if you dont keep up with maitnence. I weigh 157-160 (got to keep down the race wt) and I still bottom out off jupms more times than not.

I should take a vid of the track I fool around on. tomarow I go riding so maby then. if you have that many problems riding...i dont think you should worry about suspension...you should worry about learning to ride.

05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
you are probly right. dont mean to me talking about my self in a topic that someone else started. I dident realize how many times I replyed, i will shut up now.

omaits
05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
If you wreck that much, you must have some cool pics or videos to post. I love looking at pics of quads that are destroyed.

05-18-2005, 07:11 PM
last poast I promise. I dont have any vids now.. but I just got my digital camcorder so there should be some soon.

went riding today+ no rear breaks + sharp turn = crash, bang boom, snap.:(

snox31
05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
dude you paid for all that suspension so you might as well use up all of it !! sweet pic. good timing to get it just as it smacks the ground

DeerNuts
05-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by snox31
dude you paid for all that suspension so you might as well use up all of it !! sweet pic. good timing to get it just as it smacks the ground

Well, he's definitely using his suspension, but that's not all he's getting his money's worth of. When your shocks are bottoming, they are obviously not the only thing getting beat on. The longer you ride with poor shocks/even worse riding skills, the faster OTHER parts on your bike will wear out.