PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an i860!!?

ShiftFMX
05-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey guys the PTT button on my i860 doesnt work nemore. It clicks like its working, but it doesnt.."Key up" if you know what i mean. Has this happened to anyone else?

LiveToRide1930
05-16-2005, 01:51 PM
what do u mean,i have an i730 so i mite know what your talking bout

Hondadudeehhhh
05-16-2005, 05:00 PM
i have something weird going on with my nextel too. It says IP on the screen and makes this random little beeping noices. not the noise from when you get service. Its kind of annoying and after it does it it makes my TV speaker go tikk tikk tikk tikk wtf? :huh

BlazingYamahaYz
05-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Try restarting your phone. Also, the person you are 2 waying doesn't have service or you don't. The sound you hear on your tv speakers is interference or something like that. It happens all the time when I am on the computer, talking on the phone. Also, our old fire pagers(Minitor 2's) when there was a nextel next to it sometimes set it off when the phone was getting service. If this doesn't help you, I suggest talking to Nextel. I have a buddy that has gone through 2 i860's, once it completely crapped out, wouldn't start up. Then he got it back, fixed. Worked for a little bit, then the earpiece stopped working. He never beat it up or did anything extravagent with it, it just stopped working. Sometimes more expensive doesn't mean quality. As for me, I love my i730, I have had only one problem, and that was the Home/End button on the top. But $9 later its awesome again!
***EDIT***
Also check to see if you are on vibrate or speakerphone is off.

ShiftFMX
05-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, I fixed the Problem! My local Dealer has this $2.99 a month insur. and it covers Cosmetic issues!

So went back home, grabbed a hammer, smashed my 860 up till it was unusable, took it back and they replaced the entire housing free of charge(exept for the $2.99/mo) and its like BRAND NEW! The whole thing has to be damaged EXCEPT FOR THE BOARDS!!!

so...problem solved! :devil:

BlazingYamahaYz
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
Ok, I fixed the Problem! My local Dealer has this $2.99 a month insur. and it covers Cosmetic issues!

So went back home, grabbed a hammer, smashed my 860 up till it was unusable, took it back and they replaced the entire housing free of charge(exept for the $2.99/mo) and its like BRAND NEW! The whole thing has to be damaged EXCEPT FOR THE BOARDS!!!

so...problem solved! :devil:

Are you serious? It sounded like it was a board problem, not a cosmetic problem...did they say what was wrong?(Other than the hammer beating the **** out of the phone)