PDA

View Full Version : new suspension for 400ex

400exrider0004
05-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I have a 400ex and i ride both sand and mountain trail riding. I am looking for suspension that will work for both of these environments. I was thinking the elka but i am not sure what kind of elka? I am also looking for new a-arms and axle. Should i get plus 1 or 2 on the arms. Should the axle be the same distance as the new arms? What should i get first a-arms and axle or shocks? All i am looking for is good arms, axle, and suspension for mountains and sand! Price range for all of this is 0-2000 dollars. Thanks

b400ex
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
get elka rec. shocks. they are cheaper and will be good for what u are riding. u can always add rezzies to them and have them redone. i would get the shocks first

bakeen
05-16-2005, 05:06 PM
If your getting new arms and new shocks you need to do them at the same time because the shocks will be made to work with those a-arms. They make them logner for +1 or +2 a-arms than stock and it wouldn't be good to ride stock arms with shocks made for +1 or +2. I just ordered new Elka rec series and I'm doing MX. I'll get the rezzies later. I needed to spend the extra money on other things I need (a-arms and some other goodies). I ordered them late in the day last Tuesday and they were shipped Friday! Real fast!

400exrider0004
05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
thanks