PDA

View Full Version : THE Cheapest full exhaust for a 400EX???

rr4406pak
05-16-2005, 08:44 AM
EX'Riders,

Where can I find THE cheapest price on a full exhaust system (not just the slip-on!)? I just installed a 416 kit and now need a high flowing exhaust (obviously). I took out the spark arrestor/silencer from my stock pipe and that did'nt make too big of a difference...

The cheapest I've found so far is a Trinity Racing full exhaust for $399 w/o shipping.

Anybody have any leads they can share?

Thanks in advance!:D

Johnny B
05-16-2005, 11:17 AM
If you want a high quality exhaust you wont find one under 300 dollars. but if you want a cheap one you can find one for 200 or less. try dennis kirk. they sell cobra and cheap ones like that.

enduro400rider
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
cobras are the cheapest pipes out there. someware around 180 for a complete. but they arent the greatest i havent heard alot good things about them but they do sound pretty cool if you dont mind loud. exuast is somthing you dont want to go cheap on. you could look into a used pipe on this site under the parts for sale section or check ebay to find a good deal

cals400ex
05-17-2005, 10:25 AM
i have a ceramic sparks x-4 for sale if your interested. i want 300 shipped.

rr4406pak
05-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Cool! That is for the complete exhaust correct? Not just slip on?

If so, what kind of condition is it in? Does it include mounting hardware and spark arrestor? Can you send me pics? Did you race with it or just trail ride?
Why are you selling it? Were you unhappy with it?

Thanks loads!:D

cals400ex
05-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by rr4406pak
Cool! That is for the complete exhaust correct? Not just slip on?

If so, what kind of condition is it in? Does it include mounting hardware and spark arrestor? Can you send me pics? Did you race with it or just trail ride?
Why are you selling it? Were you unhappy with it?

Thanks loads!:D

the condition of the pipe is good. i will be straight up with you. the ceramic versions from sparks suck. the ceramic doesn't seem to last too long. this one isn't in bad shape though. you do need to stay on it if you want it looking in good shape. i will try to get pics as soon as possible. it is my buddies pipe and he has 2 so he doesn't need this one. this pipe does NOT have a spark arrestor. if you want a spark arrestor, you need a whole new end cap with the sparks pipes. there really is no mounting hardware for this pipe. sparks pipes do NOT use any clamps between the header and silencer. you simply take off your stock pipe and add this one on using the same bolts and nuts as you use with the factory pipe. we never race. we recreational ride only. the power gains were fantastic compared to slip ons. this pipe is well suited for all around power. if you want more power above the stock rev limiter, i would get an x-6. this one provides much more down at lower rpms and provides a strong boost throughout the whole rpm range. we ran it on a 416 and it performed great.

rr4406pak
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Great! Thanks for your quick response! Sounds like it is in OK shape. I like the description.

Is there anyway you can slide me a picture? I would need to see it before we do a deal...

Thanks again.:D

cals400ex
05-17-2005, 02:58 PM
alright, it is my buddies pipe. i will try to have him get pics today or tomorrow. what is your email address that i can ship pics too?

05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I really wanted someone to mention a no name exaust company that was wicked fast and cheep. :o

cals400ex
05-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
I really wanted someone to mention a no name exaust company that was wicked fast and cheep. :o

there isn't such a pipe made.

rr4406pak
05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
cals400ex,

Check your pm's

dariusld
05-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I got this pipe on sale for $299.00 (http://www.atvrent.com/ShopOnTheWeb.htm)

rr4406pak
05-19-2005, 06:59 AM
You got a Curtis Sparks complete X-4 ceramic exhaust for $299 including shipping brand new???:eek:

I went to the site you posted and didn't see any mention of Curtis Sparks equipment on there!:confused:

What gives?

(Or if you already have it on your quad can you tell me how it performs?)

dariusld
05-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by rr4406pak
You got a Curtis Sparks complete X-4 ceramic exhaust for $299 including shipping brand new???:eek:

I went to the site you posted and didn't see any mention of Curtis Sparks equipment on there!:confused:

What gives?

(Or if you already have it on your quad can you tell me how it performs?) It was the White Bros full exhuast. In your original post you say any full exhaust, you don't say anything about "Curtis Sparks". Any way the White Bros isn't on sale right now. But they put it on sale every now and then.
I use to have the DMC full exhaust and I liked it better, but it kept on cracking. And it was $479. The White Bros is ok, but didn't seem to quite have the top-end power of the DMC. Both pipes are loud,but the White Bros seems louder.

rr4406pak
05-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Oh, I gotcha... now I see it.
I thought you were refering to the Curtis Sparks. Sorry!:)

Very cool! Thanks for the tip pal!:macho

rr4406pak
05-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey cals400ex!

Did you get my pm about the paypal???

LET ME KNOW!