PDA

View Full Version : Idle kit Blaster?

shellz4sand
05-16-2005, 07:59 AM
I went to buy the kit to put twist throttle on my sons Blaster & they told me you need an idle kit?I have put it on all our bikes & never bought an idle kit?How much harder is this to do?I need to get it on by memorial day weekend he hasn't rode much with thumb throttle.Any help would be great:)

Thanks,
Shelley

Colby@C&DRacing
05-16-2005, 08:22 AM
When you install a twist throttle on that bike it replaces the stock carb top, The idle adjuster is part of that top so the idle kit consists of a new brass screw that goes in the side of the carb. You will have to drill a hole in the side of the carb and tap threads in the new hole and then thread the idle screw into the new hole. It sounds harder than it is, the kit comes with the drill bit and the tap and pretty good instructions.:)

05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
motion pro makes a idle kit for the blaster. I just drilled a hole in the side of the carb and taped it(threaded the whole) and instaled a bolt. but the motion pro kit comes with every thing you need dril, tap and all.

here is the site that you can order it from or use as a refrence. http://www.ronnies.com/store/page1464.html#2742