PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

thunderisland
05-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Well another DNF this weekend at John Penton that's 2 out of 3 races with a dnf my son was really disappointed.I realize that he is racing against some of the best competition in that type of racing in this part of the country but we were hoping for better results.When we can keep the quad running right he stays fairly competitive but I just can't keep it right in some of the conditions .Hopefully the next 2 races will produce better results I hope so. Thanks Artic Cat Dad-Mike for helping him out, if I could keep it water tight I think he could hang with the upper echolen.I'm just really frustrated at my ability to keep him competitive because I know the desire is there.Sorry about the negative frustration great race everyone and Mike your son was awesome I was really impressed with his skill and determination.

Arctic Cat Dad
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Rich, Whatever you do don't ever give up! Build that XC air box like I showed ya. I'll PM ya with some more stuff I did. I will always be there to help Cain and ANY other kid who is in need. You would never guess what caused Michaels quad to vapor lock. The gas cap vent hose goes down into the steering stem. Well the stem was packed full of mud. The bottom was blocked of and the top was packed full . The tube was pluged full. What a dumb thing. And to make it even worst. I had been thinking that something like that could happen. I was going to re route the hose another way. I wish I would have done it before the race. Because I just caused Michael a National Win. But he WILL BE BACK and even faster!

:devil: :devil:

grizzlykev
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
yea don't give up it's all in the game of racing.we blew up at nc you have to tape them up real good and do your best to keep the water out.we have blown up leading races all ready.so you just have to find ways to stop it from happening.

Livin4Real
05-19-2005, 05:14 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Rich. Stone City Ranch is having
a big memorial weekend race, you guys should try and make it out.