PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Responce

Rico400
05-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Well i was riding my 400ex for awhile at the dunes, and then i slowed down to a complete stop with the quad running and in neutral and i hit the throttle real quick to the end then let go it wouldnt like rev. i did that a few times and it did the same thing. but if i push the throttle real slow it would rev like normal. is there a problem with this? or do i just need to always hit the gas slowly.

also sometimes while climbing hills in 2nd it would do awesome. but like 4 outa 5 times i would start to go up the hill like normal and it would feel like i wasnt on the gas at all and then it would die. felt like i was in a higher gear with no torque.

kruzofman
05-15-2005, 10:33 PM
do u have a pipe? what is your jetting? need more info wat exactly is the bike doin?

05-16-2005, 12:47 AM
...... maybe its cus ur in the sand.. if not, try to check out ur throtle, open it up and check the little spring and everything,.

in hills, u need to shift down ur gears while going up, because ur going up hill thats normal, u just need to lower a gear or two if u need to.

Rico400
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM
i just got a stock 400 for now. only been out a acouple times.