PDA

View Full Version : new suspension for 400ex

400exrider0004
05-15-2005, 08:27 PM
I have a 400ex and i ride both sand and mountain trail riding. I am looking for suspension that will work for both of these environments. I was thinking the elka but i am not sure what kind of elka? I am also looking for new a-arms and axle. Should i get plus 1 or 2 on the arms. Should the axle be the same distance as the new arms? What should i get first a-arms and axle or shocks? All i am looking for is good arms, axle, and suspension for mountains and sand! Price range for all of this is 0-2000 dollars. Thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-16-2005, 08:53 AM
I would go with the Elka triple rate with compression adjustment, this way you can stiffen them up for the dunes and soften them for the trail riding. I would do the arms and shocks at the same time. Also if you go with the elkas they have the lower ride height so you will have to have something done with the rear shock (elka conversion on the stock shock). or if you have the money you could get an Elka rear shock but speaking from experience the conversion works well. If the compression adj fronts are out of your price range the Economy shocks will get the job done also :)
As for what arms burgard and houser are great for the price and Lonestar axle is one of the best options for the money..

Hope this helps

400exrider0004
05-16-2005, 09:05 AM
thanks for the help, i was wondering if the roll design a-arms are good? Thanks for all the other help!!!!!