PDA

View Full Version : powernow and powernow plus

DJJ450r
05-15-2005, 08:07 PM
how much of a differnce does the powernow and powernow plus kit make and is it worth the money?

DirtDevilBT
05-16-2005, 12:34 AM
For about 200 bucks for the both of them, that's a cam and a filter right there! I don't think you can use the Power Now Plus on the 450r because of the butterfly after the slide. And if you can use it, it seems the butterfly is doing enough. The Power Now that goes in front of the slide makes sense and probably helps with the throtle response but that's it. Prolly not enough to cover the 100 dollars for just the one. Again, that's 20 bucks from a CAM! Now where do you want to spend your money? LOL, I don't care really, buy it----put it in----give us a review!

MR.BIG
05-16-2005, 08:33 AM
I have the powernow kit in mine and it sits in the backside of the carb. It definately makes an improvement in bottem end. I paid 75 for mine because my buddy sells them. I think they work extremely well and they are worth it.

05-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I have the powernow kit in mine and it sits in the backside of the carb. It definately makes an improvement in bottem end. I paid 75 for mine because my buddy sells them. I think they work extremely well and they are worth it.

i don't own one. but, that's the first good review i've read.

MR.BIG
05-17-2005, 07:50 AM
It works, I first heard about it in dirtwheels.