PDA

View Full Version : Selling my built 400ex for a 450r?

yamablaster24
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 400ex. Its pretty much built for mx and i love it but i race built 450s in the open class and i just dont have the torque to clear the 90 foot doubles out of a corner they do, and i know if i put a whole bunch of money into the motor i could have a 450r by then. I think i could get 4,000 for my 400ex seeing that everything is brand new on it, motor is just broken in and everything. Anywho, i just started working and i have enough to make payments as long as my parents can get the loan ( we have 2 houses, 4 cars, 4 quads,)
I race strictly Mx only and i will be racing eventually racing every national next year ( i turn 16 in august) and hopefully make it to the pros one day :rolleyes:

Anywho what do u think i should do, keep dumping money into the 400ex or sell it and put a nice down payment on a 450r and pay payments off put a kill switch and nerfs on until i can afford this winter to mod it up

pkb324
05-16-2005, 11:03 AM
i faced the same problem last yr...it sucks to do cause its hard to sell somethin with so much $ into it for such a small price...but in my oppinion it is worth it! my 400 was completely tricked out, and my 450 with new tires and cam and pipe runs all over it...it is for sure worth it!