PDA

View Full Version : mad,mud, mud

bill smiley
05-15-2005, 05:47 PM
when are we going to have a gncc race without mud so matt smiley can show his real potential?:)

GE4x4
05-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Hopefully soon, these mud fest are getting old. What happen to Matt on the 3rd lap, he was doing great until then.

scramblerracer
05-16-2005, 08:11 PM
I race local harescrambles, and have been thinking of racing a few GNCCs also. I have problems with the width of my stock 05 TLD Predator(approx: 48 inches) this is also the width of most of our tight spots( Missouri Harescrambles). I have been hitting trees like crazy and bending steering parts. What does Matt do to beef up the Predator in the steering dept? Like the bottom of the stem. Thanks and keep Matt riding like the rest of us wish we could. Fast!!!

Big Chuck
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
I race GNCC's with my Predator and I had the same problems as you with the local races. There is a lot more room on the GNCC tracks and rarely have probs with it getting narrow on the track. As far as Smiley goes, he is running his Pred as close to stock as he can. Polaris is doing this to prove a point that the Pred is tops in the woods close to stock.

GE4x4
05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Matt is running Hipers 4+1 front rims and 4+5 rear. His pred is about a inch narrower then stock all the way around. I believe he is 44" front and 46" rear. This is the set up I'm going with.

scramblerracer
05-17-2005, 08:04 PM
My 05 TLD measures 48 outside of tire to outside of tire. I have the preload set as soft as possible without having slack in the spring at full droop. I am going to buy 4-1 bead locks as soon as I can afford, but with my setup I will still be 3-4 inches wider than my buddies trx450. Thanks and GOOD LUCK MATT.

GE4x4
05-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
My 05 TLD measures 48 outside of tire to outside of tire. I have the preload set as soft as possible without having slack in the spring at full droop. I am going to buy 4-1 bead locks as soon as I can afford, but with my setup I will still be 3-4 inches wider than my buddies trx450. Thanks and GOOD LUCK MATT.

Is that front or rear? If that is front, what rims do you have on? I have my fronts on my 05 TLD at the softest and I'm at 45" wide in the front.

Flynbryan19
05-18-2005, 04:58 AM
You will not get the pred any narrower in the front than it comes from the factory. :( They already come with 4/1 wheels in the front, so theres no way to pull the offset in any tighter. As for the rear, Rath racing has some billet rear hubs that they claim brings the rear width down to 46". At 45" in the front and 46" in the rear, you will be just as wide as a stock Z400. I measured our Z and those are the same measurements I got for front and rear.

scramblerracer
05-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if the 05 TLD predator is wider than the 03-04 because my front outside of tire to outside of tire(stock maxxis irazr fronts) measures 48 inches. My quad may be messed up from the factory but I think Polaris claims 47.5 inches of width in the front for 05. By the way my factory wheels are 4-1 offset. Thanks Josh

GE4x4
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I have a 05 TLD and my front is only 45". It was 44" when I picked it up, but I soften the pre-load just enough so the springs don't slap at full extention. Polaris rates the Pred at 47.5 and that is at the rear wheels. I just got my 4+1 Hipers today and it will narrow my Pred about a 1/2-3/4". From the back of my stock rim where it hits the hub is about 2" to the outside face. My Hipers are about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4" Any pics of your Pred, I just can't see how your getting 48" wide in the front. You must have the preload all the way up, or you got a lowering kit.