PDA

View Full Version : Lean Pop

R-Crazy
05-20-2002, 05:51 PM
I have a lean pop when I decelarate, but my plug looks perfect and the bike runs fine. I have the mods in my sig. the Megamax has nothing on it( dics, S/A, Quiet core, etc). It does have packing, of course. The packing is the same since i got it, on december. What is causing it. I have not adjust my valves in a while, but that shouldn't cause it.

dave

Guy400
05-20-2002, 06:08 PM
This isn't the only fix but look for an exhaust leak. Check the bolts at the head and especially look at where the header meets the silencer.

05-20-2002, 06:35 PM
WHen ya check for an exhaust leak just start it up and give it a lil rev and see by putting your hand around teh pipe weather or not there is a leak.

If there is a leak anywherer i have found the best fix is that you shouild go buy some high temp silicon and put it on and wait 1 day to ride it.

R-Crazy
05-21-2002, 02:40 PM
already did that. there are no leaks. i see no carbon build-up anywhere, and i have put my hand all along the pipe (burnt myself doing it, but had the assurance of knowing there was no leak.) i dont know what is the problem. i adjust the valves last night, but cant ride till thursday. we will find out if that was it, although i highly doubt it.

dave

Rastus
05-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Could be varying days weather. My bike will do that sometimes. Some days it will backfire because of the pressure in the weather, or some stuff like that. Sometimes it will run perfect.

R-Crazy
05-23-2002, 08:47 AM
maybe, but i have had it since i started modding out my quad.

dave

R-Crazy
05-27-2002, 08:37 PM
BUMP

dave