PDA

View Full Version : faulty oem hardware?!?

redrider05
05-15-2005, 10:55 AM
ok i was racing lastnight and was leading the race and i went around a turn hit this little bump and ic this red thing pop out by fender and my whole quadjus drops to the left side instantly..but i couldnt stop in time and hit this uphill jump n went down real hard....anyway after i scape myself off the track and looked at my quad i heard some idiot say my shock broke but when i got there the left upper shock bolt snaapped off....so once my freinds got it to the truck...cus i dislocated my shoulder n was at the ambulance gettin it poped back into place(ouch)..so when i got back to the truck....we took the right side uper bolt off and it had some stress cracks on it...so if you guys n girls ride hard n like getting air....plz check your machines over and makesure this doesnt happen to you...ive never have heard of this happening or ever seeing that..ive seen them fall out cus they didnt put the nut back on tight..but mine just plain snapped off..well jus wanted to share my story

asdf450r
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
ouch!!! i hear you on the whole shoulder thing, last october i dislocated mine for the 4th time and they had to hospitalize me :/ sucked big time, the morphine sure was fun though haha. Do you have to go to physical therapy now?

redrider05
05-15-2005, 03:36 PM
they told me to ice it up and keep moving it as much as i can....but no therapy

kbass24emtp
05-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I would go see your doc on Monday just to make sure everything is okay and get an x-ray to make sure everything is where it is suposed to be.

Trx450always
05-15-2005, 07:06 PM
call honda they should fix everything!

ThumPIN_450R
05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
i dislocated mine once during wrestling and popped it back on the mat without any body noticing except for my coach wondering why a was being such a puss:eek: get that thing iced up though that's probably the best thing you could do for it and as for that bolt I would definately bring it to you're dealers attention

redrider05
05-15-2005, 07:32 PM
yea mondays a doc visit and im taking both bolts ther n showing them wut happened to the one and wut the other is looking like....knowing the dealership will be like ur bike is modded so it voids the warrantee goodbuy:ermm:

Pepto_Bismol
05-15-2005, 07:35 PM
I feel for you. I have dislocated my left shoulder 17 times. Only the last two times where do to an ATV accident though.

I am actually healing again myself, since I crashed only a month ago. I hit a huge (hidden) 5 feet wide, 4 feet deep wash out in the middle of the desert, and my shoulder dislocated upon impact (hitting the other side). After my shoulder popped out, I had no more strength to control my quad, and I went cartwheeling through the air at about 55 MPH. What makes the dislocation especially bad in an ATV wreck is that mine was dislocated as I was bouncing forward hitting the ground, wrenching it all differenct angles as it was out of socket. I also shredded my right ankle, so I've been out for a while.

Needless to say, even though I hate it when I dislocate my arm (it doens't hurt as much any more, but I still hate the freaky fealing when it is out of joint), I have put my shoulder back into it's socket myself evertime. At first, I did it "Mel Gibson" style, but then learned the best way to put it back in medically.

But my crashes were my fualt, sorry to hear yours was due to defective hardware. Good luck with you venture. BTW, the best physical therapy you can do is strengthen the muscles in the shoulder area (lifting wieghts or resistance strength training). This will help keep the joint area together, and the muscles won't give in to fatigue as fast, increasing your shoulders stability.

(I also used to be a physical fitness trainer).

Good Luck!

Pepto:cool:

kbass24emtp
05-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Well I hope everything works out for ya. I wonder what the dealer will say. I will keep an eye on mine from now on. You could also give Honda a call and make them aware of your problem. This sounds like info that should go up the chain higher than just your dealer. Keep us updated. Also take pics just in case your dealer wants to keep the bolts. Good luck man!

redrider05
05-15-2005, 10:27 PM
thanks for all the replies guys..i jus dont want to hear any of us geting hurt by something like this...so ill keep all u updated

red