PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks??

redrider4ex
05-15-2005, 09:59 AM
I was tust trying to get some feedback on the Works tipplre rates, how well they work and wht not,,, thanx

blue416ex
05-15-2005, 10:06 AM
they are better than stock but not the best shock out there id rather go with a set of the elka recreational series and have them set up for your weight and style of riding

<DRS>GPF
05-15-2005, 10:40 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161175

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158125

check it.. there's alot of feedback on here about just that.. (if Jeff would make a nice "one size fits all" Pro's/Con's sticky.. :p )

thats a pretty common question.. almost as common as "can i use these shocks on this?"..lol

i like my works.. for my style of riding, non-racing, aggressive woods riding, hill climbs and jumping, (mmmm jumping...), anything more costly would be just that.. more costly..

time may tell though..

they say its pretty in-expensive to get some decent factory shocks rebuilt to the same quality levels as the aftermarkets.. triple rate etc..

EvilJester400EX
05-15-2005, 04:42 PM
They are an improvement over stock, but they suck compared to Axis, PEP and all the higher dollar shocks.

Juggalo
05-15-2005, 07:40 PM
i like mine..their not as good as the more expensive brands but their cheap and they still work awesome...im out huckin 70 footers n they still feel nice when you land

luvmyex
05-15-2005, 07:45 PM
I like mine also. Just got em back from Derisi and they're even better. But im still thinking about going to elkas.Like the other say its a big improvement but there are better ones.

Curless #32
05-16-2005, 06:26 AM
I run the new Black Widows, I like them alot. The shock question brings out opinions from everyone. Find someone who you are comfortable dealing with to buy from and stick with that one person or company. That way if you have a problem or question you can talk directly with your contact person.