PDA

View Full Version : FCR40mm Problems with 416 (Legit)

400exredrider
05-14-2005, 11:34 PM
hey guys, having a legit problem for once 416 is just getting broken in, heres my problem, going into today i was doing some final tuning my problem was i only had a 45 pilot a 42 and a 40 and i believe my main jetting is set pretty well as its not cutting out up top or giving me any problems,,, its not getting real hot but heres the problem, i am at 158 main 45 pilot and 3rd needle clip from bottom mods are in signature, this is on 93 octane pump gas. when the engine is cold it idles nicely, after about 30 min of good riding it starts acting up, the low throttle responce gets messed up and it starts to idle up real quick, until the point where its almost unbareable, i have a feeling im lean on the pilot but thought id ask you guys whats causing it to idle up after it gets warm. also i see the low speed jet and i wondered if anyone ever adjusted that? what would anyone reccommend for me i need to get it goin. thanks

Doibugu2
05-15-2005, 09:18 AM
The FCR's are tricky to tune.

Your best bet is to do a search, and read up on them. There is a ton of info on this site.

You just have to change 1 thing at a time and keep trying till everything works right.

I got rid of my FCR because I don't have the time to mess with it. I just like to get on and ride.

TORO1968
05-15-2005, 09:36 AM
You might want to give Colby over at C&D Racing a call... I had him set up my FCR, and it runs like a top.

He really seems to know how to get them running right, so maybe he can give you some help. :)

-Jordan

cals400ex
05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
the first thing i would make sure is that your have plenty of slack in the throttle lever. if not, that could be holding the throttle open a bit. you positive you don't have any air leaks either?

400exredrider
05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
the throttle is something i may look into, i know its adjusted all the way loose,,so it should,, it sooner or later goes back to a normal idle after sitting and running for awhile,, i adjusted the needle a bit more and richend up the pilot to a 52 so im currently at 162 main and 52 pilot and middle clip on the needle. i checked pretty good for air leaks, i might try to put some sealant on it around the boot or something. i put duct tape around the airbox boot where it meets the carb and it didnt help. dunno what else to do but the popping has stopped entirely after the pilot rejet.