PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy With Lonestar!

LT250Racer609
05-14-2005, 02:13 PM
i have a lonestar aluminum sub frame on my 86 250R and a -1 chrome lonestar swingarm...so far i cracked the sub frame all the way through and i also cracked the swingarm to the point that it i ride it...it will snap....im not happy with lonestar's products at all....next it will be Gibson or roll design...

250R-Dee
05-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Like I said in the other thread.. give some more info!

What were you doing? What is your setup? Maybe your riding style will crack any product if you are doing circus clown tricks :D

Oh yeah... is that novel sized signature really necessary?

LT250Racer609
05-15-2005, 01:01 PM
im glad people know how to be dicks around here...

my riding style is motocross and im running a rear TCS ZPS shock with a -1 lonestar swingarm and at the time i was running on a MX track doing a 70 foot double and 65 foot table top which my quad should be able to handle but aparantly it cant...

baker250r
05-15-2005, 01:10 PM
i seem to get lost in the signature too.... lol.... just givin ya sh*t.

Pappy
05-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
im glad people know how to be dicks around here...

my riding style is motocross and im running a rear TCS ZPS shock with a -1 lonestar swingarm and at the time i was running on a MX track doing a 70 foot double and 65 foot table top which my quad should be able to handle but aparantly it cant...

actually we as a site are just tired of people bashing companies without providing the facts to back up the claim, or making claims that really dont add up to nothing one shouldnt expect when riding at certain levels.

should your equipment handle that type of jump? it should depending on its age, level of use and most importantly, your shock set up and riding ability. even the best swing arm wont last long if its constantly pounded on from bad landings. and even if you were landing perfect, the forces generated will lead to something giving way. ive seen leagers cracked up, houser, burgard, roll. all from doing the things we do on our quads. proper maintence and constant inspection is required and a crack here and there is not unusual.

id be way more concerned if your post stated the swing arm was 2 days old and LSR told you to stick it.

LT250Racer609
05-15-2005, 06:57 PM
its deff. not from bad landings and casing....everytime i jump its always a perfect landing...i could understand that if it cracked from casing it would be diff. but thats not the case...

and my shocks are set up for my riding style ( MX ) and for my weight...i tune my quad daily and inspect everything....my swingarm is only about 8 months old along with everything else on my quad...my quad was built last summer from the frame up...

Prey
05-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id be way more concerned if your post stated the swing arm was 2 days old and LSR told you to stick it.

you can trust me when i say this, that does happen.

except instead of being told to stick it, i was told "well.....i guess thats your problem"

was not LSR that did that to me BTW

250R Baja Rider
05-16-2005, 12:01 AM
You may want to get in touch with LSR. Their customer service has been good to me and friends.

FYI all equipment under abuse will break down. We race the Baja races and have broken even reinforced chromolly frames, a-arms and swingarms (including roll and leagers).

This is why many companies do not offer great warranties on off road race equipment.

To our benefit, at least when we contacted the big companies they offer to replace the equipment provided we gave them back the item that broke so can analyze the damage and improve their products.

Don't be upset, you are no the only one. **** happens!!!