PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb adjustments

416HiRoller
05-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I lost my manual for my edelbrock some how, and now I need to know which way to turn the adjustment needle because I think that it is running to lean. It is backfireing when I let off the gas, and it is running pretty hot right off of a cold start. I think that the maual says that if it does that, it is running too lean if that is the case then do I turn the adjustment needle counterclockwise or clock wise? If this is not correct then please let me know.

Thanks
Dustin

416HiRoller
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
No one?? I just need to know before tomorrow.

onebad450r
05-14-2005, 09:06 PM
The screw on the bottom left side is to adjust how much gas the excellerator pump puts out. The factory setting is 2 1/4 turns out, screw it all the way in then back out 2 1/4 turns. On top of the carb should be a spring loaded dial. This either richens or leans ( clockwise richens---counterclockwise leans) your mixture from an idle to 3/4 throttle. The size of the needle determines 3/4 - full throttle. To set the needle to the correct height you need to start the bike and let it warm up. Then give it 1/4 throttle and hold it there. If it is correct the motor should rev clean and crisp. If its breaken up, chances are that you are rich, turn the dial counterclockwise 2 clicks at a time until becomes crisp. If you hold the throttle 1/4 and its crisp but pops when you let off of it, your are lean. You need to turn the dial clockwise 2 clicks at time until the popping stops. The only way to determine the needle size is to do a full throttle plug chop. OH almost forgot, to adjust the needle you need to shut the engine off and hold the throttle wide open. Then push down on the spring loaded dial and slowly rotate it the direction that you want to go until you feel it drop down and engage. After it engages you should be able to feel it click when you turn it. Hope this helps some