PDA

View Full Version : sad week for me!

red2004 TRX450R
05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
4 of my good ATV riding buddies have just traded in their ATV's for crotch rockets!

I talked them all in to getting atv's 2 years ago and I just got my 450r like 15 months ago and :mad:

Now I may have to go out a get a bike!!
IM keeping my 450r IM not that stupid!! :D

They have ninja XZ-10r, R1, R6, CBR600rr.

I was looking at getting a ninja 250 because I have never been on a motorcycle I have crashed every bike I ever rode. and they are like $3000 new!

Does any one know about the ninja 250 because I know there bikes are a lot faster but will I be able to keep up to them if they are riding in country traffic.

05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
I was looking at getting a ninja 250 because I have never been on a motorcycle I have crashed every bike I ever rode.

wow:rolleyes: :o

red2004 TRX450R
05-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by sEX
wow:rolleyes: :o

ya ya I know

I have not been on a dirt bike in like 5 years.
I crash them because i try to turn the bars ( to use to a quad) but a friend told me its like a bycycle and i use to race bikes so I should be all right!! may be!

I was going to get a dirt bike to practice but the 250 is so cheep!!!!

honduh440
05-13-2005, 02:19 PM
they will all get tired of their bikes after a year

JR3
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
yea or wen 1 of ur biuddies sees 1 of them that bought bikes get over cofident and have a bad wreck they wont be to hot on riding them

stick to 4 wheels

markk
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Street BIkes are fun, But its a diffrent level of fun, that a quad. I personaly would have spend my money on a HD. At least a PIGLET 883.

I say that u would be ok on a HONDA 600, Just use your head man! And if you dont think your gona be able to handle a big bike, Then you prboley couldnt handle a small bike.

U need to worrie more about every other person even 1/2way close to you while your riding a street bike, People get hurt on motorcycles when they do dumb things, or when ppl just dont pay attention to them.

Look into like an older Honda Superhawk, they are 1000cc, But they are a v-twin motor, Cheaper on insurance, and the bike is very very comfortable

Jackie
05-13-2005, 03:18 PM
4 of my good ATV riding buddies have just traded in their ATV's for crotch rockets!

I talked them all in to getting atv's 2 years ago and I just got my 450r like 15 months ago and :mad:

I was looking at getting a ninja 250 because I have never been on a motorcycle I have crashed every bike I ever rode. and they are like $3000 new!

Does any one know about the ninja 250 because I know there bikes are a lot faster but will I be able to keep up to them if they are riding in country traffic.

GET NEW FRIENDS

05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
how fun can it be driving a bike that will do 160+ mph when you can only go the speed limit. I dont know sounds boring to me. maby if there was a local pavment track that I could test my bikeing skills on then I would get one. but other than that I would rather have a quad.

05-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
how fun can it be driving a bike that will do 160+ mph when you can only go the speed limit. I dont know sounds boring to me. maby if there was a local pavment track that I could test my bikeing skills on then I would get one. but other than that I would rather have a quad.

you obviously havent been passed on the highway by about 60 of them doing 120+

Since when do people obey the speed limit? pfft.. WAKE UP.. where have you been the past 20 years??

Crotch rockets equal one thing.. and that is, EVENTUALLY your going to get hurt.. its sorta like boating and jet skiing.. when your in a boat you can putt around and be fine.. when your on a jetski and KNOW you can go from a stand still to 70 or so mph at the drop of a hat, do 360's and piss off everyone around, you kinda get a little crazy.. Same with bikes.. get a harley and you can putt around and cruise.. get a crotch rocket, you want to constantly test the limit..

Ill stick with 4 wheels and pocket cars

Jesse

WKY400EX
05-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
Crotch rockets equal one thing.. and that is, EVENTUALLY your going to get hurt.. its sorta like boating and jet skiing..

Ill stick with 4 wheels and pocket cars

Jesse
Not trying to be a dick here, but remember, you can get hurt just as bad riding a bicycle as you can on a motorcycle or quad.
Motorcycles are fun, but ALWAYS use caution while on the road. Most people on the road today don't cut bikers any slack.:rolleyes: :(

JR3
05-13-2005, 06:58 PM
As the motorcycle saying goes look twice save a motorcyclers life

chucked
05-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
Not trying to be a dick here, but remember, you can get hurt just as bad riding a bicycle as you can on a motorcycle or quad.
Motorcycles are fun, but ALWAYS use caution while on the road. Most people on the road today don't cut bikers any slack.:rolleyes: :(

ive never seen someone be decapitated when they hit a guardrail at 120 mph riding a bicycle :rolleyes:

WKY400EX
05-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by chucked
ive never seen someone be decapitated when they hit a guardrail at 120 mph riding a bicycle :rolleyes: There's no need to be like that chucked. Notice I said that you CAN be hurt just as bad. If you were t-boned by a truck, whether on a bicycle, motorcycle, or quad, you're most likely going to be serious injured or killed. I've heard of people falling over while riding their bicycles and dying from head trauma. I was just sharing my thoughts.

chucked
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
There's no need to be like that chucked. Notice I said that you CAN be hurt just as bad. If you were t-boned by a truck, whether on a bicycle, motorcycle, or quad, you're most likely going to be serious injured or killed. I've heard of people falling over while riding their bicycles and dying from head trauma. I was just sharing my thoughts. then you might as well may say:
walking, eating lunch, sleeping.... A car could lose control and crash into your house, or an air plane could fall out of the sky onto your house.

WKY400EX
05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
then you might as well may say:
walking, eating lunch, sleeping.... A car could lose control and crash into your house, or an air plane could fall out of the sky onto your house. Exactly. I felt that Dirt Merchant kind of singled out street bikes, saying "Crotch rockets equal one thing.. and that is, EVENTUALLY your going to get hurt." I just don't agree with that statement. That's all. I mean, just like you said, you can get hurt walking, sleeping, etc. I feel like street bikes are given bad names because of young, irresponsible people riding past their limits. These are usually the ones you hear about getting hurt or killed. Just my opinion.

muddy400EX
05-13-2005, 08:57 PM
theyll be back to quads in less than a year. if you dont think you can ride a bike without crashing, then DONT get one, its not worth crashing just to ride with some friends. id get a dirtbike before i get a streetbike, i would love have a DB and a quad:D

05-13-2005, 09:36 PM
HUH! wky.. MAYBE you have a point.. but i have been around bikes for quite sometime.. I have yet to see somone CONTROL themselves on a "CROTCH ROCKET"... I rode in this past 9/11 ride around the baltimore beltway.. can you believe that the morons on the crotch rockets couldnt control themselves? Cuttin through the convoy, wheeliing.. But i suppose thats ok.. there are places for things like that.. If you want to ride wheelies, then go out in the middle of no where and when you get hurt, then itll be your own fault.. If you feel the need for speed, they have DRAG STRIPS..

As for the bicycle thing.. how can you even compare the 2? i mean we are talking about a bike with a 4 cylinder hi revving motor in it, to a bike that uses human power to move.. Dunno bout you, but ive never heard of anyone that can pedal at 17k rpm..

And im not saying that if you buy a street bike, you will get hurt, im saying the probability of you getting hurt while on a crotch rocket greatly increases.. if you cant see that, then maybe you should seek professional help

Jesse

JTRtrx250r
05-14-2005, 01:19 AM

Does any one know about the ninja 250 because I know there bikes are a lot faster but will I be able to keep up to them if they are riding in country traffic. Smart guy! Glad to see you dont want to jump on anything but a Ninjer 2fid for your 1st bike. Most guys gotta look cool and its nothing but a penis-extention for them... when they cant ride for chit.. and usually end up hurt and out lotsa $$

Ive owned a couple 600 sportbikes but had to sell them, partly b/c of how boring it can be and partly b/c nobody into riding them enough. After awhile I end up missing the road(usually summer:rolleyes: ) so I'll pick up a beater or whatever. I heard alot about how guys that race sportbikes really like to rail the 250's b/c of the ease and awesome handling. Well I got 1 and can honestly say... they dont have much grunt but they can get w/ it pretty good for a 250. In the tight stuff you can put the spank to the bigger bikes (till it opens back up haha)

They are fun bikes, not real sport appeal looks wise, but decent lil bikes. Cheap too!! Ef what anybody tells you, you got my respect for thinking smart! Ive known of way too many ppl that aren't w/ us today b/c they had to look cool and are now dead

CycleForums.com is a great place to learn;)

chucked
05-14-2005, 07:28 AM
o yea that 250 doent do more then about 60 mph

Mike545
05-14-2005, 07:43 AM
just remember there are two types of riders, ones that will crash and ones that have crashed, youth also is a bad combo with the high power street bikes, belive me. atving will make you live longer, my .02

trick450r
05-14-2005, 08:14 AM

why dont you just STFU and let the people who know anything about motorcycles talk to the guy....and yes i bet they do more than 60 mph

Mike545
05-14-2005, 10:11 AM
the ninja250 will do 90+

Shawn H
05-14-2005, 10:22 AM
How old are you?

I bet it costs you more for insurance than it does for the bike unless you pay cash?

Good luck on your decision I have not owned a rocket in some time but I can tell ya when I did it was nothing but trouble for me.I could NOT control myself and I CAN admit it.

Mike545
05-14-2005, 10:25 AM
amen, me neither, alot of road rash, i like all my limbs and digiots

OldYellow
05-14-2005, 10:54 AM
What are you talking about. My buddy had a 92" Ninja 250 and we had it going about 105. And for a first bike, i think it is a great idea, especially to help out your confidence on a street bike. I have had a couple cbr's and now have a 416EX, and nothing beats the rush of clearing a double, or anything of that sort. Doing 160 mph, or riding a wheelie, or stoppies, or anything like that is a blast the first few times, but after a while you are just asking for trouble. I reccomend either finding a beater, or dont get one at all.

WKY400EX
05-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
HUH! wky.. MAYBE you have a point.. but i have been around bikes for quite sometime.. I have yet to see somone CONTROL themselves on a "CROTCH ROCKET"... I rode in this past 9/11 ride around the baltimore beltway.. can you believe that the morons on the crotch rockets couldnt control themselves? Cuttin through the convoy, wheeliing.. But i suppose thats ok.. there are places for things like that.. If you want to ride wheelies, then go out in the middle of no where and when you get hurt, then itll be your own fault.. If you feel the need for speed, they have DRAG STRIPS..

As for the bicycle thing.. how can you even compare the 2? i mean we are talking about a bike with a 4 cylinder hi revving motor in it, to a bike that uses human power to move.. Dunno bout you, but ive never heard of anyone that can pedal at 17k rpm..

And im not saying that if you buy a street bike, you will get hurt, im saying the probability of you getting hurt while on a crotch rocket greatly increases.. if you cant see that, then maybe you should seek professional help

Jesse It doesn't surprise me at all that the guys on the crotch rockets were riding like idiots. I bet they were 18-24ish?:rolleyes: I'm in that age bracket, but maybe I just have a little more sense.

I wasn't starting an argument earlier. I was just saying that you can easily get hurt on Fatboy or VTX just as you can on a GSXR or a CBR. On a cruiser though, you'll be less likely to be traveling 100+mph, weaving in and out of traffic or riding wheelies like than you would on a crotch rocket. You'll be cruising down the road, enjoying the scenery with your buddies. (I would like to see a Road King wheelying down the highway though.:p )

With a crotch rocket, the power to weight ratio is so much different than a cruiser. I think a lot of young, inexperienced riders get crotch rockets, and end up getting themselves hurt. I used to work with some guys who would do tricks going down the road. One guy would "ski" down the highway, only hanging on the back of the bike. :rolleyes: I won't be surprise to see their names in the obituaries.:(

I have always been told that you'll dump your first bike. It's just part of motorcycling. BTW, what kind of bike do you have Dirt Merchant?

WKY400EX
05-14-2005, 02:44 PM
red2004 TRX450R, have you looked at a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD? Nice little starter bike. I think it's got a vertical twin engine, but the power will surprise you for just 500cc's. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

muddy400EX
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
i think that getting hurt is part of the sport of riding motorcycles and quads. if you really dont want to get hurt at all then drive a 4 cylinder car for the rest of your life. i would like to own a cbr someday, but not because i want to look "cool", i want one because i love motorcycles and i would like to have one

red2004 TRX450R
05-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
they will all get tired of their bikes after a year

YA your right they all had bikes like 2.5 years ago and sold them for quads. I gess they will sell the bikes and come back and then go back. "I think they Scare them selves"

Any way I have been in intensive care for like a week like 10 years ago because some A hole on a bike ran in to me when I was on my quad!!!!

And my dads cousin is missing his arm and his leg when his bike met the guardrails!!

I got financed and the insurance is only like 150.00 a year so I don't know!!

If I get the 250 ill be dead or more likely bored with it in the first year.

I may get a DR street and trail

Rdhanded2
05-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Do not buy a Ninja 250. Two of my friends have made that misstake. They will do 100+, but they suck. Two weeks after you get it, you will want something bigger. Don't throw away the money. They have no resale because no one wants them. If you have any brains you can take it easy when you are first learning, and you will do just fine on a 600. That is a bike that will last, and can run with the bigger bikes. Also, you will save tons of money on insurance with the 600 over a liter bike.

JTRtrx250r
05-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
Do not buy a Ninja 250. Two of my friends have made that misstake. They will do 100+, but they suck. Two weeks after you get it, you will want something bigger. Don't throw away the money. They have no resale because no one wants them. If you have any brains you can take it easy when you are first learning, and you will do just fine on a 600. That is a bike that will last, and can run with the bigger bikes. Also, you will save tons of money on insurance with the 600 over a liter bike. you can sure tell your a streetbike NOOB:rolleyes:

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
you can sure tell your a streetbike NOOB:rolleyes:

looks like you are, is that a NINJA 250 in your sig?

PEACE

DtL

WKY400EX
05-16-2005, 12:58 PM
TRX450R,
If you really want to buy a motorcycle, why not go and test drive some of them? That would give you an idea of what you like/dislike.

red2004 TRX450R
05-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Well I’m officially dead I just got back from the dealer and they are cleaning up a used 2004 Hayabusa 1300 for me!!!!

They are setting it up so the throttle will only open half way for now!!

the thing is a little on the heavy side but i have no proplems holding it up.

I took it for tests ride and man O man I had to have it!!! Talk about enough speed in first to get your license taken away!
:eek:

chucked
05-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Well I’m officially dead I just got back from the dealer and they are cleaning up a used 2004 Hayabusa 1300 for me!!!!

I took it for tests ride and man O man I had to have it!!! Talk about enough speed in first to get your license taken away!
:eek:

hahahaha nice!

WKY400EX
05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
:eek: Smart move.:D Well, those are killer bikes. Be careful and have fun on it. At least you were smart and kept your quad too.

gpd005
05-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Okay man lets think about what just happened here. You went from looking at a bike that most people use as a starter bike and your now gonna be on the fastest production bike made. Man, that's how kids get killed. I don't care if the throttle will only open half way no one should jump right on that. Get a smaller bike first then gradually move up. Don't buy your own casket!!

duke416ex
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
You decide to buy a streetbike, start thinking bout a 250, but instead go buy a busa:eek2: . I've been riding street for bout three years now and I'm not sure if I would even want a busa. I guess the fact that if you just take the speed limiter off they are capable of 200mph. Not only that, they are not balanced very well to ride wheelies or any kind of stunts, which I am sure you will start trying and with the power they have I have heard they are easy to spin out from under you in the curves. I was going to recommend an f3 or some other 600, but I guess goodluck with the busa. I have known several ppl that bought busa's for a first bike, bout 3/4 of them wreck within the first day, the rest of them are bout to scared to ride them.

jwick07
05-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Man you nuts, I was going to offer a little advice on the 250 Ninja Its a fun little bike, I just bought one for a grand and I runs and handles great, when I DO wreck it Im out only a grand, I have had a few bikes over the years and this is my first crotch rocket and I dont think I want a bigger one or even another one I'm getting a real bike next, somthing I can through the fiance on and we can both go for long Comfortable rides.

JTRtrx250r
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DIRTtrackLEGEND
looks like you are, is that a NINJA 250 in your sig?

PEACE

DtL blow it out your *** jackstick and get off my leg ankle humper:rolleyes:

Its my 3rd bike and my point to the guy was they're cheap, fun,and handle , nothing like my other bikes...and you dont need a bike that does 160mph for your 1st 1, They have more resale value than just about any other roadbike made!.....now go back to tappin' your momma!;)

Its dumbasses that think a bikes gonna help them in the social world or think its gonna benefit them that cause the rest of us probs... after they scrape his *** of the road w/ a putty-knife

You can definitly tell who the NOOBS(and dumbasses!) are in this thread!

Be smart!

05-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
blow it out your *** jackstick and get off my leg ankle humper:rolleyes:

Its my 3rd bike and my point to the guy was they're cheap, fun,and handle , nothing like my other bikes...and you dont need a bike that does 160mph for your 1st 1, They have more resale value than just about any other roadbike made!.....now go back to tappin' your momma!;)

Its dumbasses that think a bikes gonna help them in the social world or think its gonna benefit them that cause the rest of us probs... after they scrape his *** of the road w/ a putty-knife

You can definitly tell who the NOOBS(and dumbasses!) are in this thread!

Be smart!

hahaha

muddy400EX
05-16-2005, 08:08 PM
your crazy! starting out on a busa? thats not a smart move!