PDA

View Full Version : Heel Gaurds Getting in the way???

blake_mx_racer
05-13-2005, 07:02 AM
What is the best way to cut your heel gaurds off of AC Pro-Peg nerf bars and still make it look smooth where you cut the gaurds off? Post some pics if you got them.

Blake

Scro
05-13-2005, 07:52 AM
if i were you i would try to sell the propegs and just buy the ones without the heelguards. If you do try to cut them off, i think it will probably look like chit

blake_mx_racer
05-13-2005, 08:00 AM
the bad thing about the ones with out the heel gaurds dont have much protecting your foot from getting under the rear tire. If you cut the heel gaurd off of the pro-pegs there is still more protection with that bar that is behind the peg than there is with pro-pegs without heel gaurds.

Blake

DirtDevilBT
05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
the bad thing about the ones with out the heel gaurds dont have much protecting your foot from getting under the rear tire. If you cut the heel gaurd off of the pro-pegs there is still more protection with that bar that is behind the peg than there is with pro-pegs without heel gaurds.

Blake

And that my friends is why I left mine on and cut the gaurd! If you take your time with it, it wont look too bad. Unfortunately the aluminum can easily crack off leaving pitting where the weld was. Just take your time and after the gaurds of off, used a heavy sanding wheel on a grinder and take it easy. It wont look look the rest of the nerf but close enough to be happy. I will try to get a close up of mine later today.

DirtDevilBT
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
http://monkeylice.com/gallery/albums/quad/laureen_0723.jpg

they could have come out much much better if I cared.

ThumPIN_450R
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
i would cut it off with a sawzall then grind the left over stuff down smooth and after that wire brush the whole nerfs so it all looks the same

blake_mx_racer
05-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Rode my 450 for the first time on a track with the new pro-pegs with heel gaurds. To me the heel gaurds suck,(thats just my opinion) so i have decided to cut them off. It was really hard for me to shift and brake with them on cuz my foot had to be pushed forward.

Blake