PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!!!!

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 01:23 PM
FINALLY SOLD MY SHOCKS, AND NOW I HAVE 2 OPTIONS

1)A SET OF ELKA QUAD RATES USES 1X, DUAL ADJ LONG TRAVEL FOR 800

2)OR PEP LONG TRAVEL LIMITED MASS USED FOR ABT 3 MNTHS 700!!

LET ME KNOW, FORM PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE AFTERMARKET SHOCKS FORM THESE COMPANIES

05-20-2002, 01:29 PM
get a different one for each side:D

kicker696
05-20-2002, 01:44 PM
y would u sell the axis shocks for elka?

05-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kicker696
y would u sell the axis shocks for elka?

I might be wrong but I think Mooc is goin for the record of having every type of a-arm and shock setup known to man kind on his 400ex..:D

knighttime
05-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Rico

I might be wrong but I think Mooc is goin for the record of having every type of a-arm and shock setup known to man kind on his 400ex..:D

yep i agree :D

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 02:37 PM
YOUR RIGHT RICO!!!:D ACTUALLY I SOLD THE AXIS WERE DUAL RATE DUAL ADJ SO I SWITCHED TO EXTREME A-ARMS, WILL BE PROMOTING THEM FOR REAL CHEAP, AS FOR THE ELKAS I HAVE NO THERE CHOICE EXCEPT THE PEPS, SO I DONT KNOW WHAT CHOOSE, SOMEONE COME ON, OH AND BY THE WAY, WE'LL BE HEADING OUT TO THE EAST TO GO TO SOME OF THE RACES OUT THERE, 5 OF US WILL ANYWAYS, WE JUST INXESTED IN 2 ROLL COMPLETE BIKES, 1 FOR THE BAJA, AND THE OTHER FOR MX, YOULL SEE A LAEGER COMPLETE 310 WITH 400 PLASTICS, MINE WITH A DUNCAN ENGINE,ANOTHER ROLL WITH A SPARKS 440, ANOTHER ROLL WITH A DUNCAN 440, AND A CT 310 250R, WE'LL BE MAKING STOPS IN ONE OF MY POPS SEMI TRUCKS,TRASPORTS 2000, LOOK OUT FOR US MAYBE WE CAN HOOK, IT WILL BE ATRIP TO REMEMEBR, ANYWAYS BACK TO THE SUBJECT SOEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH SHOCKS I SHOULD GET, COMEONE RICO AND ALL YOU OTHERS, LET ME KNOW

Red Rooster
05-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Hey MOOC,
You comin as far as Michigan? We should hook up and you can practise in silver lake dunes! LOL

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 02:54 PM
MY DAD SAID WE COULD USE A SEMI TRUCK FOR ABT A 1 1/2 MNTHS, HE HAS A FLEET, AND SINCE IM KNOWLEDGABLE IN SEMIS, HE SAID IT WAS COOL, I DONT KNOW HOW FAR WE'LL BE ABLE TO GO OUT, WE'LL SEE, MAN THE SITE IS REAL SLOW, HELP LEO WHATS GOING ON?:confused:

400exBro
05-20-2002, 04:12 PM
if you have extra money laying around why bot just get the zps??? but other words go with the pep shocks because they have no problems right now, and all the pros use them so far so stick to what works..........
Bro

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 04:15 PM
THE WAIT, I HAVE NO SHOCKS RIGHT NOW, I NEED SHOCKS AND I FOUND THESE 2 SHOCKS, SO I DONT KNOW WHICH ONES TO GET

Dave400ex
05-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Well the PEP`s are Cheaper. I think it`s more a Personal Choice. They are both Good. Can you get some Pictures of that Laeger Quad?

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 04:37 PM
TO GO RIDING TODAY WITH THEM, BUT INEED TO GET A DIGITAL CAMERA 1ST TO TAKE DECENT PICS, I DONT LIKE USING MY POLAROID AND THEN SCANNING DOESNT LOOK AS CLEAN

Dave400ex
05-20-2002, 05:30 PM
What kind of A-Arms are you going to be Running with these Shocks? Didn`t you Sell the Housers?

MOOCAZEN
05-20-2002, 05:33 PM
EXTREME IS SPONSORING ME

Foxrage
05-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Get the PEP

LilGuyOn400ex
05-20-2002, 09:08 PM
why dont u buy the new elka quad rates wit rezzies for 740 at c&d racing??

AlaskaSpeed
05-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MOOCAZEN
FINALLY SOLD MY SHOCKS, AND NOW I HAVE 2 OPTIONS

1)A SET OF ELKA QUAD RATES USES 1X, DUAL ADJ LONG TRAVEL FOR 800

2)OR PEP LONG TRAVEL LIMITED MASS USED FOR ABT 3 MNTHS 700!!

LET ME KNOW, FORM PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE AFTERMARKET SHOCKS FORM THESE COMPANIES

Yeah,
You sold them to my best friend up here! Small world. I told him about your shocks when I heard he was looking at Custom Axis for his 250R. I sure hope these are as good as everyone says, because he is on his 3rd set of front shocks this month...lol JIM

Pro400EXC
05-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey MOO,I'd go with what has been around the longest (quad racing wise) and is know for goodness.

I'd get the PEP, POEP makes a good shock (not as good as AXIS,but still good)

So MOO, get the PEP and you'll be happy.

05-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX

because he is on his 3rd set of front shocks this month...lol JIM

Jim I'd like ta see the jumps your friend is hitting..:eek:

Tommy 17
05-23-2002, 09:01 AM
jim what were the 2 other kinda shocks that he ruined that hes on his 3rd set... that jump must be huge!!!

Foxrage
05-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Damn that is one crazy mofo. I cant even bust stock shocks LOL. Yet anyway.

Dave400ex
05-23-2002, 03:50 PM
If it`s PEP or Axis the Shocks were Setup wrong because that`s what the Pro`s use for Freestyle and Dana never has any Problems. Which Brand were they?

05-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey Man, this is Bert (Alaska). I'm the one that took the AXIS shocks off your hands. They're unbelievable. Don't buy the ELKA's, Man. You'll be dissappointed. Compared to these AXIS, ELKA's are like stock shocks. I took the "R" for a couple of spins around the track today & what a difference. I've had just about all of them...Work's, ELKA's, PEP's & the only ones that are even close to these are the used PEP's that I picked up. They, too had a nice feeling when landing from any sort of height, but I bought some that had no rebound adjustment. My friend has an '02 C-Dale and his Ohlin's feel a lot like these, too. You might want to check them out. Thanks for the deal.....

Bert

:D

05-23-2002, 10:29 PM
I noticed that a lot of people are thinking that I'm some sort of jumping freak. This is true, but the problem with our track is that it's for Dirtbike MOTO-X, not ATV MX. The jump that I smoked the ELKA's on is about 50 degrees and has no landing, you land flat, from a 5-7 foot drop. Without the forward momentum or the decline of a normal jump, this is a pretty hard hit--Very similar to dropping off a 7' ledge in 1st gear...I'm talking about slamming the entire frame from front to back. All of the jumps there are made for speed, so when you don't make it, you bottom pretty hard. I hit the same jump w/ the AXIS today and it was like jumping straight forward & landing on a sponge. Like I said before, these will probably be the last shocks I'll ever have to buy.

Bert (Alaska)

Chef
05-23-2002, 10:29 PM
dude, dana uses custom built peps that the average person cant buy...they are super hard to bottom, like $1500 shocks...

05-23-2002, 10:37 PM
I have NO complaints about the PEP's. the only problem was that I bought some without rebound adjustment and our track only has one small whoop section.(They were valved for a quick rebound track) Right now the shocks are visiting our friend "Mark Baldwin" for a re-seal, so that I can sell them.

PEP's:) Bert (Alaska)

Blake24
05-23-2002, 11:04 PM
iam sorry Moocazen but i have a question.....why do you always type in caps ????

05-24-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by bertfull
The jump that I smoked the ELKA's on is about 50 degrees and has no landing, you land flat, from a 5-7 foot drop. Without the forward momentum or the decline of a normal jump, this is a pretty hard hit--Very similar to dropping off a 7' ledge in 1st gear...I'm talking about slamming the entire frame from front to back. Bert (Alaska)

I've hit jumps like that with my works steelers and they soaked them up. It sounds to me like your shocks are setup for somebody about 60 lbs lighter than you,,I read some of the other post you've made and I don't see AXIS being that much better than elka's,,,it's all the same material just different valving.

05-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Rico,
you're right about being able to hit that type of jump w/ Work's. My Triples never failed me, but I sold them for the elka's. You're also right about them not being valved for me. They were actually valved for somebody 60-lbs "Heavier" & for a 400EX. My "R" is at least 70-lbs lighter than an EX. With me on the Quad, we're looking @ 130-lbs less than they were valved for...They shouldn't have blown...I'll never be convinced to try them again...

Bert

05-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by bertfull
They shouldn't have blown
Bert

Did you happen to have the compression or rebound set all the way in or out,,,this can cause seals to blow. Compression and rebounds settings should always be at least a half turn out or the shocks can have substain damage. And with them not being setup for you and your riding style of course there gonna handle like crap and probably get toasted. I'm not callin you a liar or anything I just find it odd you had those problems...but it sounds like your chittin in high cotton now..:D

05-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Rico,
I didn't have the compression maxed out. I had it in 2 clicks from the middle setting. The reason I had to adjust it, was they were bottoming in the whoops section. They didn't have rebound adjustment. The guy @ Quadshop said that this was a "Known" problem w/ these shocks. Elka messed up w/ valving on their first Quad shocks. Supposedly, they've resolved this problem, but I'm NOT going to be the one to spend $830 to find out.

Bert :)

cdalejef
05-24-2002, 05:43 PM
bertfull, If those Elka's are the first syle that came out about 2 years ago then they may have been setup a little soft but that shouldn't be the reason that they blew. We have lots of customers still running those origional shocks with no problems at all. It sounds like the guy that had them before you either had them set up for TT or didn't take care of them like not rebuilding them when they should be. You shouldn't bash a product that you bought used! Its no telling what they have been through.
I have my Elka's set up for XC but I am known to hit a MX track from time to time. I can come up short on a huge double or flat land hard and I have never blown any seals or bottomed so hard that stuff broke. Elka is one of the top 3 high end shocks on the market!

AlaskaSpeed
05-24-2002, 08:07 PM
I AM the guy that had them before Bert! I assure you that I didn't abuse them and they weren't in need of a rebuild after about a year on them. I do know that after Bert got them from me we noticed that one of the shocks had what looked like an oil leak at the seal. This could have contributed to this whole problem with these specific shocks..........JIM