PDA

View Full Version : Elka Quad rate with or w/out Rebound?

Pepto_Bismol
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I was wondering if any of you that have experience with Elka long travel Quad rate shocks could help me out here.

Do you have compression and rebound or just compression adjustable shocks? And if both, how often do you adjust the rebound. I can save $300 if I go with just the compression only. Is it worth 300 bones?

Any thoughts?

Pepto:cool:

Smoker
05-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Shop around, you might be able to find the rebound adjust cheaper than you may think! :p

450Racer
05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
i got mine for 856 with a sponsorship deal through elka but they retail for 1,086 and the rebound is 1,386 i beleive. that's ridiculus. i personally beleive that it's better to actually not have the rebound than it is to have it. the built-in rebound setting is near perfect and only the top Pro's would notice the difference. to me, that 300 bucks could be spent much, much more efficiently. so you save 300 bucks and have one less dial to mess with when you're first tuning the suspension. that's the only way i'd go if i had to get new shocks.

dunebuggie66
05-14-2005, 08:13 AM
we adjust my rebound all the time. especially if your racing mx. you encounter so many different track types that you almost have to adjust your rebound to be sure you quad is handling the way you like. one week i will race in wooped out sand where i need rebound to be fast then another week i'll be on smooth hard pack where i need very slow rebound. it's all in your own preference though.good luck.

Dave400ex
05-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I have Elka Quadrates with out the Rebound adjust. When I asked about getting it to people like Santo DeRisi, he said for the average person it is not needed, because most don't know how to adjust it to the full potential.

CdaleXtreme
05-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I am an A level rider and I have not even touched them on my previous shocks I have owned, so this set on my 450r I opted out of the rebound, and havent missed them.

Plus the Elka rebound knobs are soo exposed, on my old 250R they would be a few clicks off I guess by roost and what not during races.

Pepto_Bismol
05-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I am finding all of this information very usefull !

Pepto:cool:

steveatv3
05-15-2005, 07:17 AM
I love the rebound and i wouldnt buy shocks without them, i am a B level MX rider and they deff. help out to setup your shocks for that type of track. Also they are perfect when lowering your elkas for drag racing and flat track