PDA

View Full Version : Graphic advice?

mike nash
05-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Never put graphics on before do not want to have bad experience. Any tips welcome. THANKS

05-12-2005, 10:01 PM
making sure your surface is nice and clean is the first step. next, lay out the graphics on the plastic to make sure they line up and you like how they look. next,your ready to start applying the graphics. i take a razor and cut off a small section of the backing before removing the whole thing so i can line it up and stick it on to ensure that it wont fall and stick when you dont want it to. after it is all lined up, you can take off the rest of the backing and start putting the rest of the section on. i use a hair dryer to heat the graphics up to make them more plyable and less stiff. Also,make sure you get an automotive grahic squeegie,because there will be bubbles that need pushing out. repeat these steps for the next sections and everything should go on fine. email with any specific questions or if you have any problems alloymx428@comcast.net hope i helped

ryann mx68
05-13-2005, 09:32 AM
i use carb cleaner to prep the plastic before putting on graphics, cleans anything off and makes the graphics stay on. some people use soapy water or windex, apply sticker then squegee. i put mine on dry use hairdrier also.

Lolli2
05-17-2005, 06:08 AM
My boyfriend uses a little soapy water, then applies the graphics, that way they can be moved around a little. Once the soapy water dries they stick great!

2004exrider
05-26-2005, 07:36 PM
lots of patience, half way thru doin mine i was ready to rip them off and say screw it, i used way to much soap in the water so they kept peelin back and took 4 ever for them to stick.