PDA

View Full Version : Need help- considering getting rid of my thumper

hondardr4life
05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok, I have a pimped out 330ex that is like my baby. When I bought it a year ago it was stock, and now look at the mods I have on it in my sig.. lol. Well I am getting a little bored with it, so I was considering selling it and building a 250R from the ground up, or just buying one. But I am not fully convinced of getting rid of my 300. It was my first nice quad, and the first one I have every pimped out, and I spent all this money on it and every part is brand new. So I don't know what to do. I just need to know how 250R's do on hill climbs, and through trails that are pretty wide open and you can go fast on. I am a hill climb freak, so I hope the powerband would help a little. And how would it fair in top speed against 450R's and raptors, because thats what all my friends have. I would probablly buy an 86 265r with an esr, paul turner, or sparks pipe. How does this sound to you? Should I go for it, or save my money and get a 450R in a few years? I just need a little convincing from you 2-stroke nuts, lol. I don't have a problem with re building every year either, because I am pretty good with motors. Other than rebuilding, is there any other major drawbacks with the 250R??? I also need to get around to riding one, lol. I never have ridden a honda 250R. but I rode a banshee. I loved the power, but hated the handling.

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Well that's easy. Just imagine that same banshee, only with a little smoother power deliver, and much better suspension and handling.

baker250r
05-12-2005, 05:22 PM
you wont go wrong with a 250r. u will ride that and be glad u got rid of the 300