PDA

View Full Version : John Natalie Suspended?

quadrcr161
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
from atvnationals.com

In what can only be described as bad news,the ATVA has apparently suspended Natalie for his "alleged"unsportsmanlike conduct at round six.Natalie has in turn appealed the suspension and should be racing at Red Bud this weekend.

thats crazy, i hope john walks away from everyone for the rest of the season.

Tommy 17
05-12-2005, 01:33 PM
rubbins racing... if u don't like it cry about it thats what i say...

go get em john!:macho

jcv400ex
05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
anyone else have anything on this? I won't be goin to High Point or Unadilla if this is the case.....:(

TC426EX
05-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Im just waitin for this thread to become a flame fest....

SRH
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
ridiculous

Flynbryan19
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about, but I didn't see it in person either. I've been shut down in a corner several times, and its YOUR responsibility to lock up the brakes or get taken off the track. If it happened how I understand it.....its a BLOCK PASS get over it!

Let the man race! I wanna see what Farr can do with him for the rest of the season. :macho I like Natalie, but I'm a root for the underdog kinda guy. I say leave it alone and let them run. May the fastest man win. ;)

Flynbryan19
05-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh, and let me guess....... Suzuki filed the complaint.....? :confused:

The more they protest and file complaints about the riders that beat them, the more silly and sore losers they look like. :(

n00b on a 400ex
05-12-2005, 02:14 PM
what did he do exactly?

Admin
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure, and I knew about the suspension all week, but I wasn't mentioning a thing because I figured someone would pull the trigger soon enough.

It is a shame to hear that John was suspended, but I wasn't at the track to see or hear everything, so I have very little to comment on the subject except that I feel a warning would have served the purpose considering a championship is on the line, and a suspension will all but strip away a championship oppurtunity for John.

Admin
05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Oh, and let me guess....... Suzuki filed the complaint.....? :confused:

The more they protest and file complaints about the riders that beat them, the more silly and sore losers they look like. :(

Please stop dragging Suzuki into everything negative because they don't rule the roost. The ATVA made the decision, and Suzuki has done more for the ATV industry than any other Manufacturer.

Yes, Suzuki has issued several protest this season, but they were protested just as much last season, but it never made front page news like it has this season.

Unfortunately, I didn't do live coverage last season and because of the live coverage this season, everyone actually knows more than they had in the past about the racing weekend.

If the news reports more shark attacks this season than last most assume that shark attacks are going up, but in reality they went down, but it was a hot topic for the press.

1BADYFZ
05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
hopefully they dont suspend him, looks like he has put alot of time and effort to make this year a success

bansheeguy77
05-12-2005, 03:53 PM
harlen,

can you go into detail as to what happened? this is the first i have ever heard anything about this. john is a good guy, i dont think he would do anything intentional to ruin anyones chances for a win. but then again im just going off of speculation and a vague knowledge of the man.

sickmojave
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
I think this thread tells more of what happend. ;) http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159602&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

MXRACER86
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
So will he be racing at round six???

MXracer16
05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
What he did was he ran Gust off the track by cutting to the inside and then riding wide, causing Gust to go off track. He went back a few spots. Then almost right after that he rear ended Jones causing him to spin out. Jones also lost a few postions. I would have to say they both weren't accidents. How do you miss a big quad right in front of you when he rear ended Jones.

dober250R
05-12-2005, 06:56 PM
All i'm gonna say is, i'm a fan of john natalie. Always have been, always will be. Everyone makes mistakes, we are only human. We can not do anything to change the past, only learn from it.

lemondropracing
05-12-2005, 07:34 PM
if this is true [natalie docked 1 race] then it just cost him the championship! as for the race at budds i was right there and up close watching with some other racers and we all saw the start and it looked like a suzuki set up! FIRST JONES HIT NATALIE AT THE TOP OF THE FIRST HILL KNOCKING HIM INTO THE ROUGH DIRT AND THEN GUST HIT HIM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL AND WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND SAID OH OH HES GONA GET IM! and sure enough he did but i did not see the hits he delivered so i cant comment on them but i would like to tell everyone about something i did see during the 2nd moto that i thought was a little surprising doug morris atva director waving his arms at doug gust to go!go! I THOUGHT THAT WAS A LITTLE FUNNY ? IS DOUG MORRIS A DOUG GUST FAN? IS SUZUKI IN HIS POCKET? anyway theres no doubt suzuki is responable for this action against natalie. but thats what happens when the big sponsors come on board. word in the pits is honda is going hard after morris's job smart money says they will win after all thats what this whole thing is about.

SRH
05-12-2005, 08:23 PM
gust doesnt own the track if natalies passed him and pushed him out gust should of realized A. he was getting passed B. back off before hitting john or going off the track

docking a race is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard, with bikes a lil fighting is a cash fine not suspension, its not like john got off the quad and was rolling across the ground i hate to drag suzuki into it but you gotta think they have something to do with it, and what i dont get is them protesting teams like east coast, suzuki is a high dollar team and put more into testing than anyone on the track if they still cant win thats there problem and protesting and what not is just unsportsman like...... just my 2 cents

400grl
05-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MXracer16
What he did was he ran Gust off the track by cutting to the inside and then riding wide, causing Gust to go off track. He went back a few spots. Then almost right after that he rear ended Jones causing him to spin out. Jones also lost a few postions. I would have to say they both weren't accidents. How do you miss a big quad right in front of you when he rear ended Jones.

Are you kidding??? If that was Jones that got spun out (I thought it was Doug, I guess, before) - you have to watch the video....I watched it about 10 times.....he was already going around before Natalie even got there - and I couldn't even tell if Natalie even touched him! Looked like Jones gave it just a tad too much gas in that corner.....I honestly don't see how ANYONE can blame that little move on John (unless that camera angle just wasn't showing everything). And I can't tell you how many times I've tapped someone once they started spinning out - mostly to get them out of my way....many times because I was just right up their ***** already and had no place to go.......better them than me!!! I have a race to run!

I am all for John beating the suspension....I will be appalled if the ATVA go through with this. At this point, I would think Suzuki would not push it.....can you imagine the bad press if John DOES get suspended - loses the championship because of it, and then a Suzuki rider takes it??? Everyone will think they only reason they won is because John got suspended. That will pretty much be a wasted season...... I think it would be very wise of the ATVA to let this one go, and let these guys race it out. I agree that a warning to someone like Natalie would be a point proven.

I was already a Natalie fan since last year when I met him and Michelle......to me, with all the nonsense these factories are pulling, that just makes me even MORE of a Natalie fan. I hope he kicks all their butts and gets a factory sponsorship for next year.......you know he will still be the same, down to earth, super nice guy who cares about his fans......he'll just get lots more money! :)

Trx52t
05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Please stop dragging Suzuki into everything negative because they don't rule the roost. The ATVA made the decision, and Suzuki has done more for the ATV industry than any other Manufacturer.

Yes, Suzuki has issued several protest this season, but they were protested just as much last season, but it never made front page news like it has this season.

Unfortunately, I didn't do live coverage last season and because of the live coverage this season, everyone actually knows more than they had in the past about the racing weekend.

If the news reports more shark attacks this season than last most assume that shark attacks are going up, but in reality they went down, but it was a hot topic for the press.

They didnt make front pages because they were good complaints most likly. John rode how a racer should ride. if u cant nerf somebody , im sorry but u need to get ur ***** off the track. Suzuki needs to stop complaining and go racing, just cuz gust had one hell of a season last year, and hes not having it this year!

protraxrptr17
05-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Does anybody actually know for sure that the suspension (or whatever you want to call it) is because of what happened on the track? He could have started something in the pits, said something to the media, or a hundred other things. Maybe it is because of what happened on the track. So what, a lapper has no business racing with the top 5. That would be my guess on what the ATVA is calling unsportsman like.

Bush0102
05-13-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm hoping John will come in here and post his thoughts...

but isnt suzuki the title sponsor of both the GNC and GNCC series? of course they are going to protest if they arent on top or if some shady stuff is going on, they've been at it with honda since glen helen.

i'll watch the video then see how i feel about all of this

MXracer16
05-13-2005, 07:12 PM
This is from ********:

Natalie charged hard after the Suzuki's of Gust and Jones. Gust was first on Natalie's momentary-Suzuki-****-list. Natalie slipped to the inside of Gust on a hard right hand turn and ended up bumping him right off the track. Next was Jones. Natalie put a bump-pass on Jones by nudging him from behind. Jones ended up spinning out while Natalie sprinted away hot after Farr's lead. Jones had some trouble getting going again and didn't join the pack any sooner than the 16th spot. "Both the Suzuki guys rammed me off into the mud at the start. I got a little hot under the collar because of it as I was coming through after them. I admit I ran into both of them and gave them both a little push to get them out of my way. It was something I shouldn't have done. But I did it. If they're going to get rough, - it's going to have to be given right back. It's all a part of racing you race how you're raced with", said Natalie about his aggressive charge past the two Suzuki riders.

Maybe both teams where playing a little dirty, I think they should just drop the suspension. I can see how he might be a little mad. Right after that didn't he crash on a jump, get back going and then almost tip over, having to dismount. Looks like he got a little stressed out.

I-7
05-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Maybe what he did was alittle too aggressive but its all racing. You do what you have to do to win. Thats racing. I think this suspension crap is ridiculous. But with all the publicity and big sponsors in the game now occurences like this are pretty much inevitable unless you ask the person in front of you kindly if you can pass them...

Just my opinion

BlueZ440
05-13-2005, 07:51 PM
:eek: :eek: :confused:

genxracer
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
I was there and saw it all, looked a lot more like, determination to win, than rough riding. I got some real good video of all the pro starts and if you watch the moto 2 start you can see some bumping, but it just looks like good racing to me. The second moto may have been one of the greastest races i ever watched.
Heres the link to the vids..
http://genxatv.com/pictures.html

Dale512
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah, this suspension stuff is getting out of hand, they should have stayed with the slap on the wrist that they gave Natalie to began with, I mean it's not like he reached out like clothesline somebody off of their quad or anything......:rolleyes:

SRH
05-13-2005, 09:32 PM
they way i look at it, is natalie just showed them maybe they shouldnt race like that if they dont like it, besides natalie passed them, all they simply had to do is be faster and john wouldnt of had the oppurtunity to make a pass or bump them

450Racer
05-13-2005, 09:52 PM
just like any other sport, or extreme sport, racing IS a contact sport! do you think that 20 quads off the gate are all going to have their own bubble? no! that's what nerfs are for. as you know, quads are much wider than dirtbikes. quads are different than bikes. you can bump and rub and it doesn't cause you to ditch or drop your bike. last year someone tried to follow me over a step up, overshot it and landed on me, i didn't say one word, he was actually mad that i was in his way. the Suzuki team got what they deserved. they're like bullies i think, they are sponsoring the event, they have connections to Morris ($?), won last year, and want to win again and they'll stop at nothing. Natalie has everything and more to win the championship this year. if this suspension goes through, it'll be the worst mistake the ATVA has ever made and will be remembered by the thousands and thousands of John Natalie fans for years to come.

p@iNn3ck
05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Are you kidding??? If that was Jones that got spun out (I thought it was Doug, I guess, before) - you have to watch the video....I watched it about 10 times.....he was already going around before Natalie even got there - and I couldn't even tell if Natalie even touched him! Looked like Jones gave it just a tad too much gas in that corner.....I honestly don't see how ANYONE can blame that little move on John (unless that camera angle just wasn't showing everything).

I agree 100%... thought the same thing when I watched it... he was already going round and got off the gas trying to save it... not much the 2 quads behind him could do coming into a corner that fast.

There was other bumping in that race, as well as all the others. I think the warning was plenty... just a notice to all to "keep it clean" and not get out of hand.

But I also think everyone is going a little nuts on Suzuki.... are they to blame for world hunger too???? sheeesh. They have a huge interest in racing... they are laying down a lot of support and money for OUR sport... you cant expect them to sit back and keep their mouth shut all the time can you?? Besides, the final decisions still come from the ATVA... not Suzuki.

I think John, Doug, Tim, AND Jeremiah are doing great this year! Keep up the great racing and excitement! Who knows... maybe Jones will get a much deserved win and it'll be a fourway tie at the end.:devil:

Shawn H
05-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Here's what John has said on another thread here in the racing section.

Alright guys here we go.

Wimmer never touched me at all. I was trying to pass timmy for the lead and we went over a tabletop together and timmy hit a hole and drifted over twords me and landed on my front end and it stopped my front wheels and sent me over the bars. no big deal, thats racing.

Now as for the whole thing with Doug and Jerimiah, yeah there was some bumping but it wasnt a "tee bone" like some people have been saying. Jerimiah was going through the turn b 4 the finish line and was too far sideways from lack of traction and I tapped his rear wheel with my left front tire and he spun around. As for doug, we were comming up the uphill to a sharp right handed turn and I was on the inside of him and slid out and bumped him into the deep dirt. it was not a tee bone. The part that everyone forgets is that both of them hit me hard in the start. Going down to the second turn JJ used me as a berm and put me out in the deep dirt. also last year Doug hit me so hard at mount morris that he broke my bike, Nobody called that rough riding. he also slammed Timmy at casey 2 years ago with pictures of him hitting him directly in the side, nobody said anything then either. last year jj took me out by running dircetly into the back of me, I didnt protest. come on guys if your going to bump and hit people dont cry when it happens to you. I might not have handled myself exactly the way I should have, and for that I apologize to all of my fans out there. I will come to red bud stroger than I have been all year!! If they want to bump there they will have to catch me!!

Thanks everyone

John Natalie #13

p.s. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Ill tell you the truth.

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-14-2005, 12:50 PM
suspensions will be handed out again to others I predict.

I'm not saying I like it.

When does the score get settled on the track as apposed by the officials? What if the officials do nothing?

I'm not saying I like it.

PEACE

DtL

A4StrokeGuy
05-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Watched John run today in practice at Red Bud, so i'm guessing he's not suspended, he looked pretty determined too!

05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Are you kidding me? They really think Natalie bumbed into Jones and thats why he spun out?! I just saw that part of the video and there is no way Natalie did that. It looks like that Jones gave it to much gas and he just spun out him self.

Warnerade
05-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Are you kidding me? They really think Natalie bumbed into Jones and thats why he spun out?! I just saw that part of the video and there is no way Natalie did that. It looks like that Jones gave it to much gas and he just spun out him self. lol...why are people saying john didnt do it...he admitted to bumping them both...jones may have already been spnning out..but john ADMITTED to bumping him...so there realy is no point to sit here and say "i dont beleive john did that, looks like jones did it himself"....pointless

dustin123
05-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
lol...why are people saying john didnt do it...he admitted to bumping them both...jones may have already been spnning out..but john ADMITTED to bumping him...so there realy is no point to sit here and say "i dont beleive john did that, looks like jones did it himself"....pointless

Its because people are worried about fairy tales instead of facts. Everything here is assumptions and opinions. No facts. Just mindless babble.

05-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
lol...why are people saying john didnt do it...he admitted to bumping them both...jones may have already been spnning out..but john ADMITTED to bumping him...so there realy is no point to sit here and say "i dont beleive john did that, looks like jones did it himself"....pointless

lol this is what happend, I typed that yesterday morning, then I had to go out and when I came back I hit reply then when I did I relized John aleardy said something...

Warnerade
05-15-2005, 10:32 AM
john posted that on atv scene a few days after the incident..and he even said in the interveiw that he did it.

250xridamatt
05-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Well he got second for the first moto. Hopefully he can pick up the win in the second moto and bring home the overall.

Rico
05-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Rubbin is racing but when you publicly state that you where pissed about another racers actions and that you intentionally went back after them in revenge, that's a little more than rubbin...:ermm:

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Rubbin is racing but when you publicly state that you where pissed about another racers actions and that you intentionally went back after them in revenge, that's a little more than rubbin...:ermm:

I agree, I cant say I agree about the suspension, but I feel the same way you do Rico

PEACE

DtL