PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

gkfx400
05-12-2005, 12:12 PM
ive got three questions regarding my kfx 400

1. has anyone here used an aftermarket cdi? are they worth the money? how much improvement?

2. I saw someone on here with 450R front shocks on a kfx. is that a direct bolt on? do they work properly?

3. anyone have problems with a cracked frame? what is the best prevention? welding? gussets? braces?

yoshimurakfx400
05-12-2005, 01:12 PM
U probaly seen my my kfx with the 450r shocks on it, the mounted rite up no modifications at all. The shocks work really well they made a huge difference. As for the frame i havent had any cracks but ppl say guessets are the best way to go.

BLAZE1
05-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Dude that is like 10 questions!

You ain't gotta lie to kickit!:devil:

1.) idk

2.)idk

3.)I bought an 05' z and gusseted the frame within the first week. I am a heavier rider and I knew I didn't want any problems with my new bike so a gusset kit was under way. better safe than sorry.

BlueZ440
05-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by gkfx400
ive got three questions regarding my kfx 400

1. has anyone here used an aftermarket cdi? are they worth the money? how much improvement?

2. I saw someone on here with 450R front shocks on a kfx. is that a direct bolt on? do they work properly?

3. anyone have problems with a cracked frame? what is the best prevention? welding? gussets? braces?

1.I do..Dyna FS...ANd yes it makes a huge different..My RPM's are way Higher..10050 compare to 8500

2.I run 450R for MX..I love them..Better than WORKS..IMO

3.Guss the whole FRAME

YFZ450Ridr
05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
id like to look into the 450r shocks for mine, but someone said that they tried that and had cut off part of the air shrouds because the rezzies were getting in the way, this true? i dont want to mess with all of that.

also does the 450r shocks lower/raise the ride height at all?

BlueZ440
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
^^^^^^mine fits perfect...

The shocks lower your ride height

Lolli2
05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
1. If you find yourself hitting the rev limiter, or are planning motor mods, an aftermarket CDI may be in order. Some simply extend how many RPM you can go before engaging the rev limiter, and some are programable, for different timing curves.

2. Yes 450R shocks bolt directly onto the Z. Yes they do lower the front end noticably. The top eyelet is skinnier than the Suzuki shock and needs a washer to act as a spacer. Clamping down the mount without it will only help to pull the mount from the frame. This is one of the most common places that the frame cracks.

3. Yes the Suzuki frames crack. Of the '03 Z's I've seen, I've only seen one that didn't at least have paint missing where the upper shock mount is. We bught it. Then we took it apart and gusseted it. If you can find me an '03 that is not even missing paint, it's either new, not ridden, or been gusseted. I've got 4 or 5 Z's now, but they are all '03's. I can't speak for '04 or '05 models.

jjthekj
05-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Oops, I was logged in as my ole lady.

The 450R shocks don't fit with the stock air scoops. They will with most aftermarket scoops.