PDA

View Full Version : Kid ate crankcase pivot bolt bushing!

pegfoot
05-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Hey Guys, I have a 2001 400ex thats been in pieces for three months. I need to know if anyone knows where I can get a bushing for my right crankcase half? It is the washer looking piece that the swingarm bolt goes through at the back of the crankcase's. There is no number on the parts page from the dealer (it's the one under the #8 bolt). I have been working on this all winter, stripped it down to the frame. I am finally done making it look sweet again and I am stuck over this missing part. :mad: I have to get this taken care of so I can hit the trails. Please Help, I'm goin' crazy keeping my feet on the ground.

JOEX
05-12-2005, 12:56 AM
C&D Racing (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/contact.php) Should be able to hook you up. Post a message there and they will get back to you soon:)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-12-2005, 01:33 PM
this part comes preinstall from the factory in the case half and is not available seperate.. :( maybe someone will have a trashed case half with that part.

HiZ
05-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I may have the part available to you
If you could email me a pic of the exact item that you are looking at in the service manual.

theomnij@hotmail.com

mntly_imptnt
05-12-2005, 08:03 PM
hey man if you still need one, i have an extra case half (trashed) that has that bushing. if you need it email me. mntly_imptnt@yahoo.com

pegfoot
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the offers. I found a bushing today after work. It is an "H" style bushing with an O.D. of 7/8 and a 37/64 I.D. and 1" long. I have a buddy that works at a machine shop and is going to turn it to spec. for me.