PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara- Memorial Day Weekend

Tom TRX250R
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Just wondering who all is heading down to Little Sahara, OK for Memorial Day weekend. I will be on a blue/white 250R, with two buddies on red/ white 250Rs. I am stoked to hit the sand for the first time this year:devil:

kssandduner
05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
My group will be there. we'll be there with my red 450R w/Nmotion graphics, a gaggle of 400ex's and my dad's turbo charged subaru powered long travel rail. We should be down there either thursday or friday. We'll be ready to ride!

Joe

maynard22
05-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I'll be there on my red 400ex, my buddy on his silver 440ex, and couple of blue yfz 450's, we are staying in the south campground on top of the hill. The trailer i will be pulling unfortunately has a big ***** Oklahoma Sooner helmet painted on the front. Stop by and say hi. We won't be there until saturday morning.

kssandduner
05-12-2005, 11:08 PM
a big ***** Oklahoma Sooner helmet painted on the front
That shouldn't be too hard to miss. I'll have to stop by and say hi. We'll more than likely be in the north camp in cowboy loop somewhere. That's where we always end up.

Joe

spazzy973
05-13-2005, 03:08 PM
how far is little sahara from the arknasas line or what town is it in

maynard22
05-13-2005, 03:25 PM
It is 4miles from Waynoka, Oklahoma. 3 hours or so from Tulsa.

DaleJrFan
05-14-2005, 08:33 PM
i just got home from the dunes and it was perfect. it rained on and off alittle on friday but today was great. the sand was a little powdery but the dunes were tall and sharp. it was the first time the whole family had been together in a while and we had a blast.

pharit
05-17-2005, 03:50 PM
i'll be down there with my crew if you see two stock looking 88 250rs on the drag strip that will be me and my buddy

but we got a gaggle of quads 250rs 450rs 400exs and a ragged out odyessy

have no idea where will be camping probably the south camp ground if you see me stop by and say whats up

kssandduner
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
if you see two stock looking 88 250rs on the drag strip that will be me and my buddy
How big of a head start do you want me to give you?? :devil: JK!! I'll be sure to look for you guys down there!

Joe

Heybo
05-19-2005, 08:43 PM
My crew will be there from the 24th thru the 30th. We'll have about 25 people there. I have a 20ft white race trailer with a brown and white Cannondale awning. We'll have Cannondales, 450Rs, Banshees, YFZ450s, 250Rs, KFX700s, 300EXs and a couple of utility bikes. I'll be the one drag racing and jumping a red and black Cannondale and a green KFX700. Come by and join us.

Jimbo

Chino886
05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
My bro and I will be there this weekend, we have a black 450R and a yellow 400 EX pulled by a black Chevy quad cab. We should be there Friday night.

pharit
05-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Heard it was supposed to rain all weekend whats up???????

kssandduner
05-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I haven't seen any more than a 30% chance for isolated t-storms for the weekend. I've rode out more thunderstorms than I can count in my tent/truck, depending on severity of the storm! It's almost always rains at least once when we are down there, some kind of curse i'm starting to think. I hope it doesn't rain though, the dunes get rough as hell when the sand is wet. Anyways, good weather or bad, we'll be there this weekend!

Joe

Chino886
05-25-2005, 12:59 PM
any updates on the weather forecast????

maynard22
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
It looks like a 20 to 40% chance for rain off and on the whole weekend. But that's not gonna keep me off the dunes, the rain is better than 100 degrees.

pharit
05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
So How was it guys????

Chino886
05-30-2005, 06:11 PM
The dunes and the weather were great, the only thing that sucked is that you can not camp on the north camp ground road anymore!

A little advice, if you ever get pulled over by the park ranger, just tell them it is your first time. My brother was popping wheelies on the north campground road and got pulled over. He told them it was his first time and they let him off with a warning. The same thing happened last time we were down there for Rattlesnake.

kssandduner
05-31-2005, 01:16 PM
We had a great time, awesome weather, the sand was perfect, great for jumping. Seen my dream woman out there, she was drag racing a nice 450R....in a bikini!! Did anyone make it to the mudwrestling at the new bar by the oasis? We were going to go, but we didn't want to pay the $20 cover charge. I was also surprised they're not letting anyone camp on the road on the north campground. On friday there was about a dozen people who had set up camp there, and I guess the rangers told them they had to go elsewhere. That would suck!! Ok...now I have a little venting to do.....why do people have to take a dump in the showers????? On sunday night all the showers were not working in cowboy loop, so we went up to the showers by the gate, and after waiting a half an hour to get in, I find that someone has taken a dump in the corner!!!:mad: The damn toilets are right around the corner!! Anyways...hope everyone had a safe trip....we seen the ambulance make a lot of trips out there.

Joe

Chino886
05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I heard that someone on a quad came over the top of a dune and laned on a buggie, he had to be taken away in an ambulance. I broke down on the bottom of buttercup Sat night and luckily someone towed me out of harms way with his Utility. All in all it was a good time.

I was one of the ones camped on the North campground rd, we had to move Saturday morning, it sucked.

Heybo
05-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Yeah, I heard that someone on a quad came over the top of a dune and laned on a buggie, he had to be taken away in an ambulance. I broke down on the bottom of buttercup Sat night and luckily someone towed me out of harms way with his Utility. All in all it was a good time.

I was one of the ones camped on the North campground rd, we had to move Saturday morning, it sucked.

That was my friend Jay on the quad. We had been jumping in that spot on Buttercup dune for about 10 minutes and the idiot in the dune buggy had been watching us along with about 40 other people. When I turned around to tell Jay it was clear, the buggy decided to burn the dune with me standing on top motioning to the quad that it was clear. Needless to say he got landed on. Broke the rear axle on Jay's Cannondale and sprained his wrist. It also bent the roll cage in on the buggy and cut the driver's leg. Neither one left in an ambulance. Both just had minor injuries.

PS.. If you were the guy on a Suzuki that got towed out by an orange Honda Rancher....that was Jay that towed you out.

maynard22
06-01-2005, 07:35 AM
The weather and sand were great, there was not as many people out there as I expected there to be, a lot of beautiful women, nice bikes and alcohol (god I love this life I have decided to lead). One of the ambulance trips of the weekend was made by a girl in our group, she decided to pull in on the back brake of the utility she was driving while going backward down a big ***** dune and soon she began to roll, roll, roll, and roll, she came away with a busted up leg. As for the shower thing, I heard there were some showers with sewer backing up into them on the south side, I am so glad I got a motel room just about 4 miles from the dunes, it was worth every penny just for the clean shower and soft bed. And for the mud wrestling, the campsite that the people I was riding with had was on the hill directly behind the bar looking right down into the mud pit (more like a kiddy pool filled with water and dirt) and if you paid $20 to watch that you just screwed up the poop shoot because that was the sorriest mud wrestling I have ever seen. All in all it was a good weekend, sorry for the long post.