PDA

View Full Version : Jetting

rooster300ex
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
my 300ex hesitates when i open it wide open in 1st. and the throttle response isn't improved like the dynojet jet kit said. i did a plug check its light brown.a then a lil while ago it just died on me but started right up. the jetting i did is stage 2, u can see my mods. what do yall think.

dork
05-12-2005, 12:34 AM
what pilot are you running?

cals400ex
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
here is what i would do. get the bike up to full temperature. then let the bike sit and idle for a minute or two WITHOUT hitting the gas at all. shut it off and check the plug. see what color it is. then start it back up and take it down a long open road or field. run it at 1/2 throttle through the gears and keep it at 1/2 throttle in 5th for a while without fluctuating throttle positions too much. while at 1/2 throttle, pull in the clutch and kill it quickly. check the plug again. finally i want you to floor it and keep it pinned. after you have been pinned for a little while pull in the clutch and quickly kill it. check the plug again. let us know what basic color the plug is when doing these 3 tests.

rooster300ex
05-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by dork
what pilot are you running?

stock pilot jet. i did a plug check its light brown. that should be perfect right?