PDA

View Full Version : Rode Hatfeild/McCoy this weekend...

CranMan
05-20-2002, 06:16 AM
Well myself, Wyndzer and one other friend rode H/M this weekend, had a great time. It was a little wet/muddy, but we still got in 83 miles on saturday! We rode the Rockhouse trailhead, and got most of the trails covered, and rode into Gilbert, which is at the opposite end of the trails from the trailhead. It was cool and strange riding the quad into town and gassing up. We found one fairly straight open trail and had the C'dale and 416 wide open in 5th gear for a pretty good stretch, man that was awesome. Can't wait to get back! By the way I don't think I'd of had any trouble keeping up with the C'dale if I'd have put my 15t front sprocket back on!!!!

Taco
05-20-2002, 06:25 PM
where did you all stay? And will you go back?

CranMan
05-21-2002, 07:34 AM
We stayed at the Logan motor Lodge. Not too impressive. Seemed a little run down, I will check the rates on the Super 8 when I go back. I would love to go back, hopefully this fall I guess..

WVEXrider
05-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Glad you guys liked it. Cran Man, did you say that you were riding with someone who had a cannondale? What kind was it and are they worth the money?

CranMan
05-21-2002, 09:51 AM
Yes Wyndzer has a 2002 Speed. It's fast...in my opinion it's faster than my 416ex but I can keep up on the trails for the most part. I feel like it's advantage is the quick-revving, basically the instant throttle response. As for if they're worth the money, I feel like time will tell. For me reliability is the question there...

wyndzer
05-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Hey Dan where are the pictures?
WVEXrider, to answer your question about the C-dale being worth the money? If you are looking for a bike that is basically bullet proof, get a 400 EX. If you are looking for something to ride that gives you a rush everytime you crack the throttle, very innovative in design and way ahead in technology, then it is worth the money. I used to have a 400 and it was worth the money that I paid for it. I also think the C-dale is worth the money I gave for it. It just depends what you want. Research what you are buying before you buy, you are the only one that can determine if it is valuable to you.

P.S. I didn't have any jetting problems, like the others I rode with did! (cough, cough:D )

CranMan
05-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Fair enough on the jettting comment. Remind me never to make any jetting changes before going on a big ride! I still have'nt turned in my film, when I do I'm getting them to put the pics on a CD Rom so I can post some of them.

redzoomer
05-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Hey Dan don't feel bad about the jetting deal I could tell my 400 was a little off and it is bone stock....Airdaddy was way rich and the smoke was there to prove it! haha...of course it smokes most of the time anyway..

05-23-2002, 07:27 PM
hey how much does it cost to ride there? are the officers that check your age and stuff im 15 16 in 2 months but i dont know if i will get hassled and if i will be able to ride my ltz400?!?

CranMan
05-24-2002, 06:34 AM
We got our trail passes at the hotel, it was $15 for 1 day and I think $35 for 7 days. As for anyone checking to see if you're old enough, we didn't see any Rangers or trail staff, but you may get stopped. The trail rules are posted at the trailhead, and the one about being old enough to legally operate your quad is on that list...