PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Indicator Problem

greg_gorrell
05-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey, I was changing my sprockets the other day on my 01 and I accidently hit the wire that goes in by the shifter for the neutral indicator light. I think i snapped the wire or whatever and now i have to push it in to get it to fire in neutral. How hard of a fix is this and is it gonna cost me much money to repair/replace it? Any thoughts or suggestions?

enduro400rider
05-11-2005, 05:55 PM
you broke the wire of to the neutral light? that shouldnt do anything. but if it the wire to the clutch that wont let it fire in any gear but neutral that could cause problems. just cut the two indicator wires and twist the ends together but be carefull because it will fire no matter what gear your in wether the clutch is pulled in or not

the Z Man
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Easy fix here, locate the wires that go toyour clutch lever, follow them down to a good place to cut them and wire them together, your problem is fixed, the only thing you need to be careful of is it will also turn over in gear.
I use this to my advantage, when I am loading it into the truck, I just have the handlebar switch off and in 1st gear, I use the starter to pull itself in the truck........
Don't forget to turn off the key though.

enduro400rider
05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Easy fix here, locate the wires that go toyour clutch lever, follow them down to a good place to cut them and wire them together, your problem is fixed, the only thing you need to be careful of is it will also turn over in gear.
I use this to my advantage, when I am loading it into the truck, I just have the handlebar switch off and in 1st gear, I use the starter to pull itself in the truck........
Don't forget to turn off the key though.

isnt that kinda bad on the starter??

greg_gorrell
05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
thanks for all the fast replies but i dont think your seeing my problem. i broke the wire right at the bottom by the case where is goes into the bottom end by the shifter. it goes into the case below the clutch.

enduro400rider
05-11-2005, 06:14 PM
if its the wire from the neutral light which is what it sounds like it shouldnt do anything i dont have one on my bike. get a pic of it so we can see what wire your talkin about. thats the only wire i can think of that would go near the shifter but it shouldnt make any starting problems

greg_gorrell
05-11-2005, 06:51 PM
http://www.alienhax.us/uploads/Photo001.bmp

greg_gorrell
05-11-2005, 06:51 PM
its that wire there right below the end of the shifter. i broke it off inside that rubber boot thing.

greg_gorrell
05-12-2005, 08:59 AM
nobody knows anything?

duke416ex
05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
That wire just tells the bike when it is in nuetral. If it isn't connected you will have to pull the clutch in in order to start it even in nuetral. Just pull the clutch in and it should start no prob.

greg_gorrell
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah, i kind of want that but ill just take the whole thing out if its gonna be too much to replace. is there a lot of people that run it with out that?

greg_gorrell
05-12-2005, 03:57 PM
nevermind, i found out the problem. there is a switch in there which went bad. just ordered one from service honda.