PDA

View Full Version : Is this too much $?

250xridamatt
05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I am wondering how much this 250r is worth. It is the 4th thing for sale from the top. I looked at it and it is the cleanest fourwheeler i have ever seen that wasnt brand new. The list of mods on that thing is about a page long. I'm pretty sure its not worth what they are asking for it, because of not having and aftermarket frame, and im not sure if it is long travel.

Link (http://www.themotoplex.com/ForSale.asp)

I really doubt a place like this would go down much in price if it is a lot more than what it should be.

LTZ400rider
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
in my opinion thats a good price, but u can find one way cheaper. ur better off gettin a new yfz and puttin 10 grand into instead. look on ebay find a 5 grand R and restore it, u should find a nice one on ebay for 5 grand tho

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:28 PM
$6500 sounds like a decent price. It's not fantastic, but it's certainly reasonable. A lot would depend on the motor condition, and some of the details we can't see. It looks like TCS shocks (they're decent), pro-peg nerfs.

If the motor is unported, stock carb, and stock rear shock, I'd say that $6500 might be a little high. However, if it has a rebuilt shock to match the fronts, or better yet a complete aftermarket rear shock, an aftermarket carb, and a decent porting job, I would say the $6500 is a pretty good deal, provided it doesn't have any major flaws (like a bent or cracked frame).

250xridamatt
05-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I know i would be better off buying a new YFZ and putting 10,000 into it. But i would rather spend 6500, than 16,500.

I think the rear is aftermarket. I also know that the engine has a lot of money into it. I'm thinking it might be better to get a 450, then i wouldnt have to worry about mixing, and im pretty sure this 250r would require race gas.

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Pre-mixing really isn't a big deal. Also, with the TCS head on there it SHOULD have interchangable domes, and they're fairly cheap. I would imagine that you could negotiate a new dome to allow pump gas, installed, and no increase in price.

lil400exman
05-11-2005, 05:55 PM
250xridamatt-

ride the 250R. You will know then if its worth the cash. I would offer them 5800. I bet they would take it. It looks a nice quad.

Once you go 2 stroke........you never go back!

also with many of the new 4 strokes you really should run race gas because of the comrpession so that not a valid arguement.

About the pre-mix issue-get a ratio-rite and forget about it. Your quad will run better and your head will thank you because you wont always be scratching your head trying to figure out your oil/gas ratio!

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a ratio-rite, and I never use the stupid thing. I buy oil in 16oz bottles. One 16oz bottle to 5 gallons of gas is 40:1. Convenient, since most gas cans come in 5 gallon sizes.

TheFontMaster
05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I have a ratio-rite, and I never use the stupid thing. I buy oil in 16oz bottles. One 16oz bottle to 5 gallons of gas is 40:1. Convenient, since most gas cans come in 5 gallon sizes.

That is good to know, I'll have to remember that one. That 250r looks really clean. You mentioned that it was a stock frame, but I just wanted to mention that I noticed that it has been modded for a removeable sub frame.

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
That is good to know, I'll have to remember that one.

FYI, 32:1 is also very common mix, which is 16oz bottle to 4 gallons of gas.

figair
05-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Dont get me wrong it is a REAL nice quad,BUTT I think for that price you could get a BADD *** 250 R w/aftermarket frame and a powervalve motor also w/all the goodies on it for that price just my 2cents though