PDA

View Full Version : Who makes this front bumper?

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Who makes this front bumper, and where can I buy it?

DG makes one very similar, but they have a gay nameplate in the middle. I thought it was made by Graydon Proline, and I saw it on thier website in the past, but not anymore.

http://www.graydonproline.com/Photo_Page/images/021.jpg

the Z Man
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
sort of looks like an X-Factor.

Johnny & Monica
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
I think its a old style DG :confused:

Tom TRX250R
05-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Not all DG's have the number plate on them. People buy the number plates and put them on the bumpers. I have an old school DG bumper like that and it doesn't have a number plate. If your interested in buying it let me know because I was thinking of going to AC. Also Graydon Proline makes the identical bumper to DG. Tom

FlushClinker
05-11-2005, 04:42 PM
I think Z man is right, it looks like an X-Factor or one close too it...

the Z Man
05-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by FlushClinker
I think Z man is right, it looks like an X-Factor or one close too it...
Thanks Clinker, I just bought one but thats not a very good pic to go by.

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
Not all DG's have the number plate on them. People buy the number plates and put them on the bumpers. I have an old school DG bumper like that and it doesn't have a number plate. If your interested in buying it let me know because I was thinking of going to AC. Also Graydon Proline makes the identical bumper to DG. Tom

I'm not talking about a number plate in the DG bumpers. The DG bumpers are the exact same shape, except they have a metal screen with the "DG" logo welded into the middle. It's gay. I'm looking for a bare, open middle, like the one pictured. I know that Graydon Proline USED to have them (that's where I got the picture), but they don't offer it on their website anymore. I'm thinking maybe they stopped making them.

Tom, can you send me pictures of your bumper? I might be interested in buying.

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Gay DG logo in the middle.

http://www.dgperf.com/ATVimages/bikes/55-2001LG.jpg

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I looked at the X-factor (thanks for all that suggested it). It's not bad, but it has a funky bend right here at the bottom that just looks funny.

If I can't find another suitable bumper, the X-factor will probably be the one I order. Or maybe I'll order the DG, and cut the logo screen out of it. It doesn't look quite as tall as the X-factor, and I think it would look better.

baker250r
05-11-2005, 05:06 PM
jardine makes bumpers similar to that shape

Fred55
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Well seeing how it does have graydon nerfs and graphics...my guess would be graydon...maybe they just dont have it listed on their site?

JTRtrx250r
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Well seeing how it does have graydon nerfs and graphics...my guess would be graydon...maybe they just dont have it listed on their site? Yup, it looks exactly like my old Graydon, I think it was the old style and they have since changed or up-graded it, but its definitly an old style Graydon

Tom TRX250R
05-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry Wilkin250R I misunderstood you about the number plate. Yeah I agree about the new DG bumpers being stupid looking with that little logo peice welded inside. Mine does not have that middle peice in it. I'll send you a few pics if your interested. It literally is like brand new and is polished up. PM your email address and I'll send you a few pics. Thanks. Tom

CHAR250R
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I just threw one of those in the trash. It is a Graydon bumper. It was old. It was also pretty beat up.

44oEX
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
alot of people get the dg and cut out the plate. you can grind it smooth and polish it, you won't be able to tell there was ever a plate there.

stever250r
05-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Have you seen pictures of the new Pro Elite series of bumpers, grab bars, and nerfs that Alba will be offering soon. I thought they looked nice. Saw them in one of my magazines. Tried to order them but they said they would not be available for a few more months.

Check them out if you havent seen them. I liked them... what about everyone else??