PDA

View Full Version : Honestly (Another exhaust question *sigh*)

Jay300ex
05-19-2002, 08:49 PM
What exhaust is good for a 300ex? I was planning on WB E-Series b/c of the even power gain ( and I am strictly a trail rider ). But I hear from different people, they suck, get a LRD, blah blah blah, Yoshim... huh? God I dont have that much to spend, so whats a pretty good pipe to wake up my quad on the trails. Trails for me is almost never in 5th gear and almost never dropping the hammer in any, just curious I dont know much about the exhaust systems on quads. Also, consider I am putting a complete K&N kit in it.

Ok shoot me up with some comments ;)

Jay:p

PDunes300ex
05-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Engine builder pipes are LOUD but give peak performance. If you want to be able to tune the pipe then I would recommend WB E-series...Megamaxx (torque) or even supertrapp. If you don't care about fine tuning...check Pro-Circuit T4 and FmF powercore IV2. If you got cash get the Yoshi. I have the powercore IV2 complete and absolutely love it. It sacrifices some low end...but i hate first gear anyways, so it works perfect for me. If you want torque get the megamaxx complete system...if you want a little more mid and top get the powercore. FmF fit and finish so far has been top notch with the exception that you would have to get an aftermarket heat shield to keep from frying your pants and boots from the headpipe. Whatever you do...go for a complete system...cause along with filter and jets it makes a world of difference with regards to waking up the little 300.